Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2964 Adventurer


About lexomatic

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Spec Fic, writing, editing, punk rock, recording, reading, painting, gaming, social justice, law, politics.

Recent Profile Visitors

1405 profile views
  1. lexomatic

    Secret Weapon - Tablescapes Dungeons: Mines

    No communication to Canada either as far as I can tell. Looks like USA pledges first.
  2. lexomatic

    MenhirGames: 28mm plastic set "Dark Age Outpost"

    I don't think there was an intent to scam, but I think there was lots of bad business decisions, I'm guessing due to inexperience. I'm glad I snagged the stl files while I could. I don't have a 3d printer, but I can theoretically still get something out of this hot mess. Totally written off.
  3. I was away for the weekend. Here's more pics of the ghost-y. I used stylneryz yellow mixed with pale olive and alien goo, olive and peacock green for darker shades, and spectral glow drybrush on top. I think I used maggot white for the lightest points. I think these were before the spectral glow, though.
  4. So I'm going to be starting a dwarven reclamation campaign in the fall, and I had 2 copies of the Dwarf butcher. I though it would be perfect to do one as a living butcher (who I can also use as an NPC townie) and his barbarian ancestor spirit that I can put on the table when he's a ragin'. So far the living butcher is mostly done (need to do his base and some touchups - I don't know how all of you are doing the eyes, because I can't see them even with a visor), and the ghostly ancestor is mostly done minus the ghostly glow I'll be drybrushing later. I do have a few process pics to post.
  5. lexomatic

    Secret Weapon - Tablescapes Dungeons: Mines

    I have no idea. Last communication I got was 1 year ago asking me to lock in.
  6. lexomatic

    Secret Weapon - Tablescapes Dungeons: Mines

    I'm pissed and trying to figure out what things actually mean for me. Stairs and warrens were major reasons for me backing so not getting them or waiting would actually be a deal-breaker for me. Has anyone mentioned about the possibility of cancelling at this point?
  7. lexomatic


    Got unpainted Alchemy set. Had to scale back at the end in the pledge manager due to the insane cost of shipping to Canada. Free Trade my elf! looks good. The little bits were in individual baggies, inside a box. The tiles were neatly stacked in a middle box. And there was the shipping box on the outside filled with styrofoam peanuts. Things look good.
  8. See you at Decode.

  9. lexomatic

    Crooked Dice Kickstarter - "Children of the Field"

    This is live now
  10. lexomatic

    GNL Mats by GameNightLife

    Well, I got my refund. In all it took about a week from my request. I think that's reasonable. They must have been given some terrible information at the start, because adding 50$ now just for added shipping (above what I paid when I locked down) is ridiculous. That seems way more than 2 years change in rates. It sucks for them to be in that position, if they ever get shipping sorted I'd consider stuff in future. I just think that considering free trade doesn't really mean much for small business, it's unlikely. I'm just annoyed that I had money tied up in this when I could have been using other tiles for a few years already.
  11. lexomatic

    Crooked Dice Kickstarter - "Children of the Field"

    Excited about this
  12. lexomatic

    77352: Demi-Lich

    This mini takes dry-brushing really well. I did it twice with green-yellow flame like the Monster Manual, and with yellow-orange-reds. Starting with buckskin pale/linen white 1:1 and getting darker and trying to get the edges furthest from the centre darkest (so more reds or greens as appropriate).
  13. lexomatic

    GNL Mats by GameNightLife

    I just got an email offering a refund because they've discovered that shipping to Canada would be more than my pledge. I got the minimum order I could for international and I will be glad to get out. Edit for confusion emoji I was offered to pay the extra amount for shipping, or just get credit in the amount of what I had paid including shipping. Neither of those sounds appealing. Knowing the truth about shipping I would just have not bothered and gotten something else 2 years ago at retail. I had options. Not worth it now. Definitely not paying more for something at this point. Glad to be offered a refund instead of just reduced amount or being required to pay more. Will update when I've actually received it. We'll see how long it takes.