So, I'm overanalyzing every decision I'm making as a DM/GM, and I just wanted other people (more experienced people) to offer their opinions/guidance. I'm currently DMing my second campaign, with the first one on a pause until players become accessible again. I'm also running a less frequent Starfinder game (Dead Suns Adventure Path), but I'm not sure whether or not to include mentions about that in this thread.
For the D&D 5E game, I'm running Tomb of Annihilation. I have the following players:
- A Tielfling Warlock ( happens to be played by Mr. Mouse, who is the biggest rules lawyer I've ever met )
- A Svirfneblin (sp?) Cleric ( this player is having trouble getting into the roleplaying...not sure what to do for him )
- A Firbolg Paladin ( this player is great at roleplaying, but I can't seem to make opportunities for him to do so within the city )
- A Half-Elf Rogue ( this player is doing great, even with it being his first time )
- A Halfling Bard ( this player can't be consistently at meetings, but we have found ways around that. He does argue with a large number of my DMing decisions )
I'm a relative beginner at DMing, so if anyone else has run Tomb of Annihilation, I'd appreciate any advice you might have! I'll be updating this with bits from my sessions!