Jump to content


Level1painter

Members
  • Content count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

134

1 Follower

About Level1painter

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday August 29

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Australia
  • Interests
    Painting minis

Recent Profile Visitors

307 profile views
  1. Level1painter

    Bones Sea Lion

    Hi Guys, I recently got this Sea Lion miniature to use as a random encounter for my D & D campaign. When I got this miniature, the leg was bent and the entire original base was warped. I decided to make it a challenge to see if I could rebase it in a more dynamic pose that was a little more reinforced so that the mini would eventually start to droop. I carved the stones out of erasers that I glued and pinned together. I then cut the mini out of it's base and repositioned it onto the stone so that it was suspended in the air. This way the miniature would look like it was pushing itself off the rock whilst swimming in the depths. Painting was fairly simple, lots of blue, green and yellow tones blended together with white for highlights. This was all later tied together with a dark blue wash. Let me know what you think.
  2. Level1painter

    Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger

    Long time, no see guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Recently moved houses which has taken a month to do so. Anyways, managed to get some free time which I used to paint this miniature. I first primed the miniature with a black primer before using a white primer at a 45 degree angle to simulate a light source. I stuck with a mostly natural palette consisting mostly of greens, browns and yellow. When applying the paints, I thinned them down first so that they were semi transparent. Doing so allowed the paints to show through the simulated light source from the white primer. To tie it all down , I used a dark green wash to blend the paint job. For the base, I shaped the main stone piece out of an eraser. After mounting it on the base, I used a hot glue gun to create some tree roots. I then used pva glue and coffee grind to simulate dirt and moss before allowing it to dry. Painting the base was simple. Just a lot of dry brushing and a quick wash to blend it together. Feel free to leave comments, I love to hear feedback. - Level1painter.
  3. Level1painter

    14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

    Thanks for the comment, the hard part was getting an idea of how to position the miniature so that it looked a little more natural as well as allowing enough points of contact to secure it.
  4. Level1painter

    14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

    Thank you for your kinds words.
  5. Yes, I agree. I would definitely love to see some bullywogs as well.
  6. Level1painter

    14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

    Thanks, friend,
  7. Level1painter

    14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

    Hi Guys, This one took a little while but I had a lot of fun doing it. The original mini had the figure standing on its tail awkwardly so that it was positioned mid air. I decided to make a base for it so that it wouldn't look like it was using its tail to do a jump attack. The column that the figure is standing on is made of an eraser. I used a knife to cut it into a basic rectangular prism shape. I then sliced off the corners at a 45 degree angle and glued them back onto the prism so that it made a column shape. I then proceeded use a scalpel to cut out the groves in the column to give it that damaged look. Cutting the final column shape on an angle so that when it was stuck down, it was slanted. The debris on the bottom is made of leftover eraser cut offs and coffee grain while the base is made of 2 washers. I let that set for a day before glueing the figure onto it. I went for a green and yellow colour palette for the figure. Starting with a dark green base, I moved onto a bright green mid tone and finished with a yellow highlight. Part of me is actually wondering if this worked out well as I am actually colour blind to certain shades of yellow and lighter greens. With the wings, I tried painting a spotted pattern to try and replicate that you see on lizards in my area. I made the outer part of the wing darker than the inside to try and draw attention to the front of the figure. I also tried to paint in an artificial metallic shine on the spear head. This was hard but I'm happy with the result. Let me know what you think guys. Happy to listen to any feedback. - Level1painter
  8. Level1painter

    Arcadia, Sunrise Knight - RH-772

    Hello again, A paladin I painted for a campaign I was playing in. Colour palette consisted of off whites and light greys. Red was used to try to make the mini pop a little. A metallic gold was used for detailing to try and add to the holy theme. Had a lot of fun painting this. - Level1painter Figure: Arcadia, Sunrise Knight Cadwallon Miniature PRODUCT SKU: RH-772
  9. Level1painter

    Bones Giant Wererat

    @Glitterwolf Hey thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to posting more here.
  10. Level1painter

    Bones Giant Wererat

    Hi Guys, This is my first time posting. I've always been itching to post but I was never confident enough with my paint jobs. Just decided to take the plunge. I painted the Bones Giant Wererat using a small brush for initial base coat followed by a layer of rough detailing to get some tones. Finished up with highlighting and a wash. This was for a dungeon encounter of a future game. Let me know what you think or if you have some tips for me to improve. - Level1painter
×