Ulfheathen

Bones Supporter
  • Content count

    65
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

513 NPC

5 Followers

About Ulfheathen

  • Rank
    Rabble Rouser
  • Birthday 08/26/75

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Moore, OK

Recent Profile Visitors

498 profile views
  1. Primary and secondary base coat colors roughly blocked in on both dragons. Ebonwrath Kryphrixis
  2. it is a Last Stand Convertibles 50mm x 100mm Chariot Base.
  3. Dragons assembled and primed with liners. Not sure what I'm going to do with the bases yet, maybe something will come to me as the dragons take shape. Paints for Kryphrixis should arrive soon possibly tomorrow. So on to base coating Ebonwrath.
  4. I decided to join in on the fun. I selected Ebonwrath as my dragon. then rolled my colors. Pure Black, Cloudy Grey, Pure White Well interesting but not very colorful. I will go with it but having never painted anything a monotone grey-scale any suggestions or advice. I'm going to need something to switch off with to prevent eye strain. So back to the boxes of bone to find another dragon. Kryphrixis is the first one I find so he'll be my second dragon. Roll for colors gets me. Marine Teal, Clotted Red, Violet Red That's better and should make for a good looking dragon. Don't have any of those paint colors Yay an excuse to place an order for more paint. While I wait for a few days for my order to arrive i can prepare both dragons and get started on Ebonwrath. Both dragons will be painted as a 3*** challenge.
  5. Showing off my freshly painted goblin 7 day challenge Ma'al drakar. This challenge was not what I was expecting. I thought that attempting a miniature of this size in a short time span would stress me out, but apparently I'm weird because this has been the most relaxing week I've had in a while.
  6. I am declaring this challenge as done. Here are some more pics. Some close ups of the heads. Show off thread.
  7. Here is where I was when I started Sunday. The black head and neck were base coated in nightmare black. While on the blue head I used void blue. The inside of the wings i started with tanned leather but that was going on to thin and taking to many coats to get good coverage so I switched to chestnut gold. On Sunday I then dry brushed solid white on the white head, cats-eye green on the green head, tropical blue on the blue head, dark elf skin on the black head, and the red head and main body received phoenix red. The insides of the wings were done with buckskin pale. The taking and posting the pictures has helped me find missed spots for example on my picture of the green neck above there was a small spot of bare bones white that had been missed in both the liner stage and base coating that has now been fixed.
  8. After work yesterday I base coated the body and back of the wings with dragon red. Followed by using frosty blue as a base coat for the white head and neck. Reptilian green was then used on the green head and neck.
  9. Finished coating all of the parts with liner. Followed by a base coat of redstone shadow on the ruins.
  10. My progress for the day. Almost finished with parts i am using red liner on, just 1 wing left.
  11. I have decided to do this as my first attempt at one of the goblin challenges.This is also my first time doing a WIP thread. I am hoping I can get Ma'al drakar done around work, though I do have a three day weekend which should help. My starting time. Off to sling some paint. Official Rules:
  12. Recent Bones 4 Kickstarter posts inspired me to make a dragon wolf from 77202: Warg and 77026: Young Fire Dragon.
  13. I painted had fun painting her up over the last week. I think she looks good in hand but the camera is showing that I could have spent more time on blending the layers on her cloak.
  14. For a bigger monster there is this Dragon Tortoise.