Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Purple'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Shutterbug
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Sculpting
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Calendars

  • Reaper

Found 27 results

  1. I bought this pair of Pre-KS Bones over a year ago, but they got put to one side for most of that time when I had to pack up to move, then move, and unpack and so forth. Recently I finished them, and finally we had some decent light, so today they got photographed. There's a bit of mould line that I missed on one of them. Noticed it when it was too late, and I didn't want to butcher my paint in order to fix it. You barely notice in person, anyway. I used some Woodland Scenics Water Effects to create the beginning of the "drool", some WC Realistic Water over the top to smooth it out, and some Vallejo Model Colour Clear Yellow to add a touch of colour to the discharge. These suckers took awhile to get going, but once I actually sat down to make myself paint them they were quite an enjoyable experience. Originally they were all-purple, then I looked up the D&D colouration, which said they had yellow bellies/undersides, which I thought would look far too cartoony, but it kept bothering me. A day or two later I came back to them and used some sand and ochre shared for the "yellow" to make them look much more like natural colouration, and it worked for me. I used some pinky-purple for the transition ridge between the ochre and the main dark bluish-purple for the main body. One of the things I enjoyed most was the fact that since these are cheap Bones models, I allowed myself to play with them a lot more. I used drybrushing, blending, a purple oil paint wash at one stage, the aforementioned realistic water products, and a few weathering powders in the end. Basically a lot of experimentation and "play", and I think they turned out pretty successful in the end! More pics on my blog, including a scale shot with a SM, an Orc and a Gobbo. I didn't want to overdo it here...
  2. So I got sidetracked from LPK2 a bit by RL... and a Great Worm. Painted up for tabletop use, I think it turned out pretty well. I keep surprising myself with how not sucky I can be if I take time to actually do it properly. I'm going to list what I used for paints mostly for my own reference than anything else. Body: Based with HD Gem Purple, washed with a mix of HD Twilight Purple and Black Wash. Belly: Base HD Gem Purple, layered up through Clear Magenta, up to HD Entrail Pink Pustule/Bumps: Based with Clear Red, then layered up to HD Fireball Orange, and then spotted with a bit of HD Golden Yellow. Rocks: Based with HD Dirty Grey, washed with a mix of Brown Liner and Black Wash (I really like this mix), Then dry-brushed up HD Dirty Grey, HD Concrete Grey, and finally a mix of HD Concrete Grey, and Sample Tan (a good of a name as any). Mouth: Linen White, washed with the same wash from body, then I decided I didn't like it and did a heavy glaze of Oiled Leather. Teeth: Based HD Tusk Ivory, then highlighted with Linen White. C&C welcome; Thanks :)