Search the Community
Showing results for tags '02665'.
Found 3 results
It started last year, when stonehaven offered a feathered dinosaur and a frog knight. I decided to make a diorama of one of my wife's fav jokes. Since it involved a library, it would be perfect for her to keep on her desk at work. the frog knight didn't work out, so I got a different frog from reaper. I got as far as priming, and starting a base-coat on the "chicken". In December, kicked the project into high gear. WIP The Joke
So it all started with a joke I learned and told to my librarian wife. Hopefully will it be displayed on her (back office) desk at my wife's library. I will write "Bok" or book behind the chicken (likely on the base) and "Reddit " behind the frog Some early ideas didn't work out so this is about my third configuration. I bought a stonehaven raptor and mounted frog knight for this, but the frog knight was too small, is not obviously a frog (with the armor and all) this frog is a little large, but its going to be seen mostly from a few feet way. The scene will take place inside the library, originally the street outside was also a possibility. I didn't want to put it in the marsh, because I wanted the library in the scene, and an inside tablue fit better. What works well for carpet? It have a handle on crafting a book, just haven't started it yet. It will be sitting on the floor between them . 02665: Killer Frogs x1 02703: Gothic Archway x1 77318: Bookshelf x2 Stonehaven raptor mount 21 days remaining
I finally got back to work, this weekend, on some minis. These I started and finished in the last few days. Jason Wiebe's Killer Frogs, from Reaper. Purchased, to be honest, solely because they were one of two Reaper products the FLGS carried, heh. Hoping they'll restock. But they inspired me a bit and will be making an appearance in the PF game I'm running. Anywho, I enjoyed painting them. I did pretty much everything with GW washes aside from some highlighting with a yellow on each and the black slits for their eyes. Oh, and the bases I washed with Reaper's brown wash. Was unsure how exactly to approach the leaper's support piece so aimed for simple. Tried different colors on them--got a little hypno-toad with one, lol. But I'm really pleased with them, so hope you enjoy them, too. I'm (of necessity) trying to figure out some better photography, also, so apologies for some oddness on that front. Thanks for looking! Any input or advice or anything you have, about anything, is most welcome.