Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags '03660'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. My partner this time around was Aard who, in the usual forum fashion, had very broad wishes that in the end was narrowed down to rangers w/cloaks. So I ordered an assortment of rangers and started painting one. Then I opened one of the potential gifts and painted it too, so one less gift one more painted mini. The first ranger is very green, so we'll call her the spring ranger, while the other is dressed in the latest fall fashion - the autumn ranger. Also, bonus panther animal companion.
  2. Geoff Davis

    03660: Amrielle, Female Ranger

    03660: Amrielle, Female Ranger Julie Guthrie This one has been on the shelf of shame for a couple of years. I had some severe problems with textures which is why she ended up on my shelf of shame. First mistake was I didn't sand smooth the various flat surfaces before priming. Then I primed using spray on aerosol primer when the weather wasn't right, creating a very rough, beaded surface texture (check out the top of her bow). Then when I was painting her, I was using glazing medium to try to improve my blending. I didn't wait long enough between coats of paint. Consequently, the partially dry layers got peeled up and made into a mess (look closely at her cheeks). She is finished now, good enough for use as a minion in a tabletop game where no one will look at her too closely. I have included close-ups of the textures so you can see my mistakes. I also put in one close-up of an area I painted today. The difference it makes when you take your time and let the previous layer properly dry shows clearly. 34 projects left on my shelf of shame!
×