Search the Community
Showing results for tags '03844'.
Found 2 results
Morihalda posted a topic in Works In ProgressHello friends! It's good to see you all again! My energy levels have been slowly ramping up over the last month, so now I'm excited to spend a bunch of it here with forum friends. My husband and I played D&D again with @Rainbow Sculptor and her family over the weekend and had a great time. While we were playing, they brought out this mini - she was gorgeous and I had completely forgotten that I had her too! I believe Damaris was 2017's Duskwarden mini. Bobby Jackson already made her both fierce and a babe, so now I just gotta make her a pirate! My list: Add a very fine pirate hat Change her crossbow to a flintlock pistol Change the stone ground to wooden planks Hopefully carve down the quiver on her hip so I can make it a tankard. I'm actually pretty hesitant about the pirate hat because it would hide the hair - and hair that awesome is a sculpting goal. Seriously. Look at that tiny braid and all the locks of hair. But my girl Maria spent a lot of money on a very fine hat after she ran away to become a pirate. So on goes the hat.
I finished my Damaris Walmund, Duskwarden, yesterday. I painted her to look Elf-like, since she will be joining my Ghost Archipelago all-Elf crew in the role of a Hunter. I'm really pleased with this one; it's about as good as I can manage. The jacket is Folk Art Color Shift paint, which turned out pretty neat as a pearly metallic, but I don't see much color shifting in it. I tried for a strawberry blond on the hair, but it ended up going more pinkish; not that that's a bad thing. Her face was a challenge, particularly the way the vest collar partially obscures part of the mouth and the hair partially overhangs the eyes. For some reason painting parts of things is harder than painting the whole... And I noticed in the photos that here's a little bleb of dark paint over her left eye. Oh, well, consider it a birthmark, as I am not going back in and repairing it at this point and risk messing up the whole thing! On the base, I attempted to blend her integral cobbled base into a grassy surrounding by adding some loose cobbles around it, cut from a bit of Bones sprue, as if it was part of some ruined floor for path and slowly breaking apart.