Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags '14442'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Level1painter

    14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

    Hi Guys, This one took a little while but I had a lot of fun doing it. The original mini had the figure standing on its tail awkwardly so that it was positioned mid air. I decided to make a base for it so that it wouldn't look like it was using its tail to do a jump attack. The column that the figure is standing on is made of an eraser. I used a knife to cut it into a basic rectangular prism shape. I then sliced off the corners at a 45 degree angle and glued them back onto the prism so that it made a column shape. I then proceeded use a scalpel to cut out the groves in the column to give it that damaged look. Cutting the final column shape on an angle so that when it was stuck down, it was slanted. The debris on the bottom is made of leftover eraser cut offs and coffee grain while the base is made of 2 washers. I let that set for a day before glueing the figure onto it. I went for a green and yellow colour palette for the figure. Starting with a dark green base, I moved onto a bright green mid tone and finished with a yellow highlight. Part of me is actually wondering if this worked out well as I am actually colour blind to certain shades of yellow and lighter greens. With the wings, I tried painting a spotted pattern to try and replicate that you see on lizards in my area. I made the outer part of the wing darker than the inside to try and draw attention to the front of the figure. I also tried to paint in an artificial metallic shine on the spear head. This was hard but I'm happy with the result. Let me know what you think guys. Happy to listen to any feedback. - Level1painter
×