Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags '77081'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 6 results

  1. Sirithiliel

    A Study of Ice and Fire

    Speed paints of white dragons and fire elementals 77371: Basilisk 77026: YOung Fire Dragon 89001: Pathfinder Red Dragon 77083: Medium Fire Elemental 77080: Walls of Fire x3 77081: Burning Sphere x1 77082: Large Fire Elemental
  2. For Minivember I will try to do a different model each day (duplicates or similar models (from the same unit or suchlike still only count as one!). If you want to see the rest of my minivember minis, feel free to have a look at my painting blog..I won't be posting each and every one here, just the Reaper minis and maybe some that I find especially interesting. Yes, they will be speedpaints, just like all my minis. Seeing as I am starting out a week late, I have some catching up to do... Next up is the orange translucent Bones Burning Sphere. Not all that much to say about this one. The trick to paint translucent bones is to undercoat them with matt varnish so the plastic will accept paints and inks. I use Army Painter Anti-Shine spray for this. I have heard that several brands of spray paint might cause some sort of reaction in the plastic, making them tacky or even flaking off. I personally have not experienced this, but I have experienced my usual miniatures paint (citadel, army painter, vallejo, reaper, etc) being rejected by the bare plastic. I find that the Army Painter sprays work well on Bones in general. Apart from that I use Vallejo Acrylic Surface Primers -black and light grey- in my airbrush to undercoat most minis incluiding Bones. Works a charm. I make sure to wash said minis first in warm dishwash detergent-soapy water and an old tootbrush first to get rid of any remaining release compound from the casting process, and make sure thay are dry before priming. 77081: Burning Sphere Reaper Bones KS1 Orange Translucent Bonesium PVC 30mm base
  3. Howdy, Bones rats and translucents... Pic links to full size, Kev!
  4. These are meant to be dark souls style bonfires, that I made as objective markers. I started by chopping a burning sphere about halfway up. Then I stuck the top part onto a base using modeling paste, which I used to sculpt in some bones and dirt and the like. then I took the two unsheathed swords from P14261C, and twisted the blades slightly using a round nose pliars, because the swords are supposed to be ruined. Then I primed the swords. once they were dry I drilled a small hole in the flames with a pin vise and stuck the sword in. I used a little super glue, but it stuck pretty well just from friction. Then nothing left to do but paint them and respawn some undead.
  5. scorpio616

    77081: Burning Sphere

    Just a touch of paint and sand for the base (25mm wood button).
  6. Continuing with my November goals, here are a couple more minis off of the shelf of shame. A while back, I had used ink on a couple of the bones ghosts and thought it did a good job of adding depth while still keeping the mini translucent. I had attempted the same with the wall of fire as a test subject, but I didn't like the look as well. In the end I painted them white and tried painting them with nothing but ink washes. The wall was done with really dilute washes, while the ball was done with fairly concentrated ink. The dilute ink left tide marks a little too easily for my liking but I'm just going to call the test subjects done. For the larger elementals I believe I'll go back to a more paint based approach and just use the inks for accents. These are not photographing well because they are still oh so slightly translucent. I finally get to use the "they look better in hand excuse."
×