Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Armored'.
Found 3 results
Darkmeer posted a topic in Show OffSo, as part of the figures that I sent to Malefactus, what I will call a treasure trove of classic 80's and 90's lead made its way northward from Texas to Nessus. This figure is the first to actually see completion under my unkind brush. There are more in the works, but this guy was so easy to paint. He's definitely in the tabletop category, but he feels finished. The only regrets I have are the ends of his horns (which don't really look red IRL) and the mould line under the horn on the bottom that you can see in the rear view. I am not going to fix it because I couldn't see it while I was painting it and he will most certainly see table time in the next few weeks (I have an adventure using this exact miniature!).
The Undead Horde by Mantic Miniatures Skeleton (10) Ghouls (2) Zombies (3)I Got these guy from a Box of Goodwill Exchange and I tell you what exactly what we needed for our up coming Frostgrave game we are going to playing. ____________________________________________________________________ I used some Greenstuff to make a square insert for the "banner holder" guy. Not sure really what to do with it. I think I am going to make it into a glowing light. That light will also be in theirs eyes. As if they are strengthened from it. Duel priming: Goat of Grey then an over lay of white. After having done this spray method a few times now I have learned to make the top a majority white.I learned this from Massive Voodoo. I also put a coat of Terrain Khaki on the Skeletons With the Zombies I decided on a green tone:The body is first painted in Leather White in layers (1:3)*. Then washed in a Green Wash(VJ). (1:3) Next I used Malvernian Purple in the deep recesses (1:2) Here is the set of 5 none Skeleton miniatures. The Ghouls, I did a kind of reverse of the Zombies:The body is first painted in Leather White in layers (1:3)*. Then Washed in Malvernian Purple(1:3) Then washed in a Green Wash(VJ). (1:3) Next I used a Malvernian Purple in the deep recesses (1:2) ____________________________________________________________________ That's it for now. I am adding the final touches to the non-skeleton ones now then going to approach them. Questions and comments are always welcome. Additionally, tip or suggestions on the direction I should take are also welcome. Thanks! *I thin down all my paints usually with Flow Improver - first - then Water. Example: a 1:3 ratio is 1 drop of paint to 2 parts Fi and 1 part water.
This is an old one I have from Ral Partha. The sword is MIA from the move but I am sure I can find it. I did a fire brand. Iron Wind Metals has the mold now. The beads on the bottom were a suggestion from a player. It represents a magical treasure from within a labyrinth or something. They do have a neat sheen to them. I might go back and add some gold nuggets, etc.