Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Casualty Marker'.
Found 4 results
For the next game of Frostgrave, we're adding a fun element where a treasure marker may instead be a zombie, so clearly, we all need to bring a casualty/treasure marker of some sort. A dead body clutching a treasure chest sounded just about perfect, so I went through my bits, and pulled a tiny treasure chest from GW's Brettonian infantry. For the body, I looked at a whole bunch of options, but settled on using one of the zombies from Bones II. It's the hunched over one on the far left. I chopped off his base, added some cork and the chest, and decided that was good enough. I used grey liner to prime it. Blocked in the base colors. Had a bit of a spill with the red, most of which ended up on a demon. But that's for another post. Then I sloshed the body with flesh wash, and detailed the chest with bronze. (not shown). The pics don't show it well, but I used wood glue when I initially applied the snow. This isn't ever a problem when I'm doing grass, but the yellow of the glue tinted the snow. And while there are times yellow snow is appropriate, this isn't really one of them. So I'm trying a variety of things to fix it. We'll see how my experiments look when I get back to my desk. One thing I can say is that just painting it didn't work.
So, life is crazy right now, but I painted this guy. I haven't had a chance to get good pictures yet. So, these are what we have to deal with. ;-) I was practicing ageing, I wanted him to look like he had been there for a while. Let me know what you think! Updated photos... in hindsight, I think the fletchings should have probably been done a different color than green...
Here's a quick paint that's getting posted as a "complete for the moment" piece. As you can see, there's plenty of room on the base to add some scenery; I just don't currently have what I want. He'll at least get a dropped weapon, maybe a shield, and of course some grass and such. I didn't want bucket fulls of blood, so he just got a light application of red around the entry/exit wounds.
I painted up this fellow last weekend in order to kick myself into gear. He was a nice and quick paintjob (probably almost qualifying for that 5 color/2 hour challenge). I decided to leave off any blood and make it ambiguous as to whether he's unconscious or dead. You also get a nice shot of the dust and lint from my apartment.