Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Deladrin'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Shutterbug
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Sculpting
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Calendars

  • Reaper

Found 4 results

  1. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile - painting up one of the clear "invisible" adventurers in Bones III as a translucent figure. The obvious choice was 77449 - Invisible Rogue, as my delightful wife painted the matching 77035 - Visible Deladrin some time ago. I painted the figure using a thinned Tamiya Clear Blue X-23 (thinned with Tamiya Thinner X-20). This produced a very light blue tint to the figure while at the same time introducing some definition. I also hit points where I wanted extra definition, mainly the face and weapon transition points, with unthinned Tamiya Clear Blue. The broccoli is basically Reaper Peacock Green worked up through Reaper Clear Green to Reaper Clear Yellow. The bottom of the base has been painted Reaper Pure Black. Important Note: Tamiya Clear paints are significantly different from Reaper Clear Paints. Tamiya Clear are translucent, Reaper Clear are not. Issues - there's a big one in that because of the black I painted the base, the boots of the translucent figure are significantly darker than the rest of the figure. It almost reads right, but I'd have been better off doing the first coat on the base a green or maybe a white so they looked like they were clear going onto the grass of the base. It's something I'll consider later, although could largely be ignored if you rebased the figure. But on the whole I think this came out pretty good, accidental scimitar that we never noticed originally on Deladrin and all. There's one additional issue that I didn't spot till after I posted this - a Virtual Chocolate Fish™ to anyone who can tell the class what that very delibrate mistake was for our educational porpoises.
  2. These days I have quite some fun converting Bones miniatures. While this might stop me from actually painting them, it might come in handy, as I can then paint them all at once. Today's conversion uses 77035: Deladrin, Female Assassin. as you can see the original features two weapons that were rather thick and bendy on my cast. Unfortuantly the face was also badly miscast and had no nose. Finally I was also not too happy about the abundance of studs, that seemed very impractical for a thief/assassin. Onwards to my subtle changes: As you can see I exchanged the two blades with some plastic bitz I had to give the appearance of a rapier and parrying dagger. I also exchanged the head with a Statuesque one and re-sculpted the hood and the hair. Finally I removed some of the studs and smoothed the surface with greenstuff. A simple conversion, but I think it enhanced the look of the miniature.
  3. I got the bones 1 Kickstarter, and so I started painting again after a few years' hiatus. These are just a few of the minis I've been painting recently. EDIT: I have to split this up, got excited and posted a bunch of random minis in one place. Sorry mods!!
  4. Another mini for a player in the game I DM.