Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Figure of the Month'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. So somehow I've gotten roped into this Hangout of the Month piece, possibly because I may have been the first one to mention that I have this figure and it just snowballed from there. Thanks to knarthex for getting all of this started. This is the first metal figure that I'll have ever done, so we'll see how it goes. Here he is in all of his shininess. This thing has a heck of a lot of fiddly bits to it, he's going to be a challenge. But on to getting it prepped: .....And this happened. I had tried using Duplicolor Sandable Primer on it, but it couldn't quite get into the crevices (and there's a lot of them). So it got an overnight bath in Simple Green, and when I woke up, it was all rusted. I'm not sure what happened, there must have been a chemical reaction that corroded it. .........Ha ha, I jest. Since I has a sample of Stynylrez Primer from my Reapercon bag, I decided to test it out to see how it was, and it just happens to be red. I found that it covered things quite nice, it's definitely something I'll use again once I find some that's a more neutral colour. I took a page from Buglips' book ( I know, you're thinking that goblins aren't literate. But they use the pages for toilet paper. And that's only when they want to feel fancy) and made a wash from Warpaints Black. The ratio was 1 part Warpaints Black/6 parts water/1 part flow improver/2 parts stank. It brought up even more little details on the figure that I hadn't even noticed before, there's a lot of cool things about this one, even if painting them will kills me. I realize that I don't even have a real plan to paint this thing, so I'm just winging it and researching various methods of accomplishing what I have in mind. I haven't had much time to do much painting right now, hopefully after tomorrow I'll be freed up a bit more.
×