Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Model kit'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Shutterbug
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Sculpting
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Calendars

  • Reaper

Found 1 result

  1. Hello all, Time for a new project besides the 5 I have on my desk and on the shelf Reason for this new project is that it is big and bulky and that seemed to work really well with the Clay Golem I won this beast in october on ebay in a bid for 41 dollar so it was a pretty good deal seeing it is for sale for 65 euros in the games workshop store.. It is a modelkit so lots of fiddeling with knives, files, sandpaper, drills, magnets, glue and tape.. The Beast can be build either as the vortex beast or the slaugtherbrute version and comes with 3 different optional heads, 2 pieces to put on his back, one vortex thingy and another euhm.. thingy.. Since I couldn't decide which I wanted to make I opted for all of them With the use of rare earth magnets I can now put all 3 heads on him. I am still working on the tail, 1 comes without the tail and the other with.. I need bigger/stronger magnets if I want to have that one removed aswell. The three heads and the 2 back pieces After I sprayed on the first coat of primer with my airbrush I found a few more glue lines and some gaps that needed filling. I used some liquid green stuff since the gaps were very narrow (but big enoug to notice) On the next few pics you can clearly see the neodymium magnets. The magnets are 4mm round 1mm thick and i needed to place 2 of them for a stabble fix on the body. I put Autumn Bronzeleaf in the photo to get an idea of the size of this beast. I just did my last bit of liquid green stuff and while that dries I am typing this.. Later tonight I hope to spray the last primer coat and the first base color.
×