Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Pilar of Evil'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. So here is the Wip for my Fall Exchange.... I took a lot of pictures to ask for advice and opinions from a pair of Forumites*, and posted them on Photobucket. So I needed to paint my exchange figure with only 1 bottle each of Red, Blue, Black, and White. Everything else I had free run of the paints... For the Golem, who was the Exchange piece, I used Scale 75 Cantabric Blue, and Blood Red, as well as VMC Black and White. I had just gotten my new Raphael and DaVinci brushes, and started using a wet palette when this began, and Thank the Gods of Paint that I had! These were the inspirational pics I used. The plan was that the torso of the Golem would be Red, the hands, feet, and head would be Blue, and the colors would fade through purple on the limbs. I then mixed the blue and red at a 1-3 ratio, and it was so dark that I ended up adding white to the mix. Ithen painted the middle parts of the limbs. I added a little white to the paints and tried to bring out the 'faceting' on the figure and then I started carefully glazing the blue from the middle of the limbs to the extremities, and then the red from the middle toward the torso. (There are 40+ pics, so link to photobucket) After the many many many glazes were done, I sprayed everything with dullcote 2 or 3 times, as I was happy with what I had achieved, and wanted to be able to wash out any forthcoming errors. And there were errors! I started at the feet, trying to edge every facet with white, as in the inspiration pics above, and was constantly wiping away errors, cursing at myself, etc and moving on... Finally, after 4+ hours, this is what I had: Somewhere in there I had done the eyes and the teeth.... That's how he looked when I was done with him, less basing. Funny thing was, I never even opened the Black paint! All shading was done by using the red on the blue, and the blue on the red! I had also been working on Balto, but that was a relatively normal paint job, except for the fact that I got to go crazy with all the new Scale 75 paints I had just gotten. The Pillar of Evil was a Bones piece I got at The Complete Strategist, (the BEST Game Shop in Manhattan! ) as I was running out of time, and needed something for the golem to be smashing.... That was also a normal style paint job, lots of greys and dry brushing.... Anyway, I planned from the beginning to base them both on pieces of slate, as I had used it before for a dragon, and liked the look. So the Golem and Gnome got based... (Link to Photobucket) I planned out the diorama, and then started execution. The holes for the bases were carved out of the stained wooden base, and green stuff was applied all over the rest, with more bits of slate pushed into it, being careful to not fill in the holes! (Pics when I get home) I'm home... Then painting with Desert Yellow, magnets installed, and washers glued into mini bases. Tufts of Silflor Grasses scattered about, and finally the whole thing was covered with white glue then sand. So there you have it, how I did what I did. Any questions, comments cheerfully accepted! 8) George * Take a bow Vegascat, and especially our own resident Barbarian, Ub3r_N3rd! Poor Ub3r, he must have gotten 2 or 3 pms a day from an over anxious drow about how to do this, or how does that look, or... He was the soul of tact, and a fountain of knowledge! Couldn't have done it without you! G Edited to add more pics... added link to show off
×