Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Tabletop Quality'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Shutterbug
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Sculpting
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses


  • Reaper

Found 7 results

  1. Lately I've been thinking I want to wrap up the Bones 1 core set. This assassin, which looked more ranger-ish to me, was near the top of the pile, and ready to go, so out she came. I glued her to a base, and then onto one of my cork holders. She was already brown lined, so I started with Muddy Olive for the cloak, and Warrior Flesh for the face. Worked a bit on the eyes with Viper Green, and then decided that the scarf was going to be in the color of autumnal leaves, so she'd be a little more interesting than just muted browns and greens. And this was where I left off after the first evening.
  2. Painted up 6 more minis from the Bones 2 kickstarter. The bulette is my first official huge! Bases made from green stuff, pumice gel, and happy seppuku stamps.
  3. I've barely made a dent in my Bones 2. This makes 20 out of the lot complete when I add the mummies and ghouls I finished earlier this year. At the very least I'll have painting projects for the next year or three! I worked on this batch over the course of 4 Pathfinder sessions. :) It's fun to paint while roleplaying!
  4. 77159 4x Ghast

    A quartet of ghasts I speed-painted during our RPG session tonight. This was my first time using a happy seppuku stamp pad for the bases. With these 4 done, I am now at a total of 8 minis complete from Bones 2; I'm sure to be done by the time Bones 3 arrives...
  5. Last night and tonight I worked on the 4 mummies from my Bones 2 pledge. They painted up very easily, as they were mostly one color and a lot of texture. An angry villager and a unicorn, both Bones minis. The unicorn I painted 3 weeks ago during our Pathfinder game. I do not like painting white things. They're very tough! The angry villager I started during this week's game and finished tonight. For once I did not mess up the eyes multiple times, so I'll call that a win.
  6. A few of the painting projects I've been working on during my group's Pathfinder campaign. The Inkeeper and Barmaid, useful for just about every campaign. I painted up an oracle for one of my friends, and a ranger for another. The oracle is actually a mermaid with fins to feet active at nearly all times, so I think it's cute how she's showing off her legs and the little frillies on her back remind me of fins. :)
  7. Bones brings me back to painting

    After about 15 years since my last painting effort (which was fairly poor) my Bones have bought me back to painting and learning it all again almost from scratch. Now my challenge is to paint them all before Bones II arrives. My figures are for RPG games, not display. I'm aiming for tabletop quality and hopefully not falling too far short. :-) Not the first but he has taken the most time so far and caused the most angst, so he's first against the wall. Still not entirely sure I'm happy but I wasn't unhappy so time to call him done, varnish and move on. 77163 Male Storm Giant - Bones Original intent was to try to make his armour look like magically bound Ice, deep blue up to white. Didn't manage to pull it off anywhere near what I intended and it was all looking a bit too blue and white so his arms moved to bronze with inlaid patterns. Possibly should have changed his leg armour to bronze but at over a month elapsed since I started him it was time to stop changing my mind every 5 minutes. :-) Will start posting other painted bones as I get adequate photos.