Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'battlemech'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. Thrym

    Battlemech UrbanMech

    30-ton Battlemech UrbanMech Capellan Regular Unit Paint Scheme This walking turret is scary in urban settings where it's hard for everyone to move. Slow and ponderous, the lack of a large engine to move it allows it to carry a wallop. Reaper Spattered Gore, Reaper Scorched Metal, Reaper Sunshine Yellow and Reaper Black. Washed with Reaper Walnut Brown.
  2. Thrym

    Battlemech Phoenix Hawk

    45-ton Battlemech Phoenix Hawk Command Conversion, Yellow/Maroon Paint Scheme I will take better pics later. Vallejo Japanese Uniform, Reaper Maroon Red, Reaper Red Shadow, Scale Color Thrash Metal, and Scale Color Black Metal.
  3. Thrym

    Battlemech Assassin

    40-ton Battlemech Assassin Jungle/Forest Paint Scheme I will take better photos soon. Reaper Griffon Tan, Vallejo Yellow Green, Reaper Walnut Brown are the main colors.
  4. Painting In Memorium, Amalor Myrnnyx From my entry post for the submissions: Let me start out saying that the mech painted below couldn't touch one of Amalor's mech paint jobs. I learned a lot just from examining what he did. 60-Ton Dragon DRG-1N Mech Unlike the previous mechs I painted in the schema, the Dragon mech has lots of details with the armor "scales" so it was difficult to get paint coverage and maintain the details. When I first did the "dragon skull" the eyes at the left and the right were too small. You can see it in the preview image from the memorial post: So when I went to do the basing I added a larger section to the "eye" and that allowed me to break up the two large white plains a bit. I also used a micro pen to strengthen lines and details all over the mech. They are quite handy for doing details. You just have to remember they are ink instead of paint and they don't dry right away. I will sometimes use some acrylic sealer to expedite the process of drying the ink. I have the Micron 01 Assorted Colors Pens. Here's a group shot of the previously painted lance schema with the Dragon. It was taken before finishing touches were added to the Dragon. Comments and Criticism welcome. I know it's not nearly up to Amalor's level but it's in the spirit of my old lance and I did manage to get something quite similar.
  5. I came across the start of a conversion from the last time my group played Battletech. The battlemech in question comes in several pieces and the stock look for the mech is firing platform on two leg-shaped struts: example of a well painted version in a stock pose (not painted by me) Now the idea of the mech coming in pieces is for you to adjust the pose yourself on assembly ... and of course for casting ... but really the only thing you can do without cutting the mech up is to create a "running mech" with the arms and legs pumping. However, if you look at the arms you can see that any real conversion comes from cutting and rebuilding: So, I first considered straightening one or both arms. However, upon closer inspection and sleeping on it, I decided that the effort wasn't worth it. However, I did get an idea as to how I wanted the Daishi to stand. I wanted its left foot raised onto a building's remains with the left leg straightened to hold the mech high as if it had just stomped through the HQ of the enemy. So I cut the left leg in two places: at the backward cantered knee and the toe. The knee joint is curved and sits in a groove so that was fun to cut apart. I cut the right leg at the knee and at the ankle. I built walls on the base using plastic and some putty to lock it all down. I left space around the left foot where the foot had shifted and left a partial impression. You can see the foot pinned to the base: Time to test fit all the pieces and see what pieces I would have to manufacture to get the final pose. So with some sculpey to hold the one side together I fit all the leg & torso pieces together: As you can see above I had a fairly decent gap in the right leg assembly to get the mech stable. So I built an ankle actuator around the pin above the right foot. And to ensure balance and stability I added a large piece of metal to the inside corner of the wall for the mech to stand on. After some fiddling and a series of tweak and dry fits, I finally had what I wanted: Finished parts: Final Assembly: Next we'll prime it so I can better see any outstanding mold lines or details that need fixing.
×