Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'dsm3103'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • RBC: Reaper Broadcast Channel
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Rescued from my shelf of shame. WIP is here: Glenraven WIP Any comments, criticism or suggestions are welcome.
  2. Darksword GlenRaven - Female Rogue with Sword and Dagger DSM3103 Dennis Mize. Any comments, criticism or suggestions will be gratefully accepted. Continuing with my exploration of lighting, I have retrieved GlenRaven from my shelf of shame and I am sending her striding across a grassy knoll at sunset. I had already added the skirt a few years ago when experimenting with greenstuff. First step in rescuing her was to repair the base (I previously tried and failed to remove her) and build a slight hill. Next I marked where I wanted the light to be coming from. The top of the arrow on the cork is aligned with a mark on her base. When I have visually lined up the mark and the arrow, I am looking at her from the lighted direction, which I find helps me be more consistent with light direction. Then I marked the shadow position the same way. And viewed from the front you can see where I have marked all the shadows in a first coat of walnut brown. I also did a very light wash of oxford blue to bring out some of the fine details. Then the eyes, which were very tough to paint. I'm not totally happy with them and may yet repaint them. They are far too big and incorporate both the sculpted eye and her upped cheek. I am finding them very hard to get at. I made lots of progress on the colours tonight. I have added the deepest shadows on the back of the cloak and the back of her hair. I've highlighted the skirt and boots, but I think they need to be brighter and yellower. I haven't yet shaded/highlighted the flesh tones because I want them to match the colour and brightness of the other lighted areas when the sunset colours are added in.
×