Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'fantasy flight games'.
Found 3 results
I'm very new to airbrushing but I've been working hard to get better at it. Here is the Star Spawn of Cthulu, from the board game Mansions of Madness. The plinth with the flame on it used to be the stand from a Bones Giant Scorpion. Now used to hold sacrifices in place for the consumption of the evil ones.
Hi everyone! My wife and I have been playing quite a bit of X-Wing lately around doing some painting, and so I whipped up a quick T-70 X-Wing repaint between steps on the minis we are painting together! I hope you get a kick out of it: Including my Y-Wing from last year, I've got the starts of a little squadron! Thanks for looking!!!
Hi everyone. After lurking for a while, and enviously admiring everyones skills, I have decided to finally try my hand at painting some of the miniatures I have. Hopefully it will make both my boardgames and my tabletop roleplaying a bit more interesting if one stops playing with gray and white blobs. So I got some brushes, and some paint, and started to slap it haphazardly onto a couple of miniatures out of my Mansions of Madness box.The reasoning behind this was that I could get away with some slightly lower quality on miniatures for a boardgame. A couple of miniatures in and it if fairly obvious that no amount of reading is going to substitute for experience, and that is where I turn to the people of this forum for critique and suggestions. the first miniature I decided to try was one of the shoggoths which got a green coat of reapers muddy olive with a drop of black in it, and then got got coated with some glazes of pure muddy olive. I tried then to highlight with some olive green, but the contrast with the previous layer was way too high, and it looked quite off. the eyes obviously suffer from my inexperience with every single one having some wobly lines. These are where I am with the miniature currently, and I am unsure how to progress with this one.Hopefully there will be some advice for how to improve it further. The images link to my Flickr account to allow for larger images. The second miniature I tried to do was the Dhole from the same box. I tried my hand at mixing my own colors here in order to get something a bit different from what comes in the box of paints from Reaper. The body was painted with a mixture of Rainy Gray, Sunset Purple, and Deep Twilight. it then had shades done with a darker mixture of the same colors, (basically with more Deep Twiligh). The tentacles are painted with a mixture of Pale Violet Red, and Blood Red. There is an atempt at a gradient from Blood Red to Pale Violet Red, but it does not show all that well. Not sure how to move on with the highlight for this one, if I should add more of the sunset purple, the Rainy Gray, or perhaps a completely different purple or gray. Sorry for the long post, and thank you for all advice, even if it should be "stop it you noob!"