Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'zenithal priming'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 3 results

  1. This was an experiment in HQ speed painting using thinned, semi-opaque paint over zenithal priming. In all it took about 8 hours including the base (damn chipped vase already!). Pretty happy with the results, and now onto the other 30 big monsters...
  2. I am going to call him done. The Base is simple, but I don't really know what to do for Underdark Critters... I am not ready to sculpt fungus and such.... So some grey ballast and a little flock to simulate some growths... He was fun to paint, and I learned a lot about the Metal N' Alchemy paints doing him. I used 21 of the 24 paints in the 3 sets! WIP here Here he is! The Zenithal priming didn't do anything for me on this, I think because of all the metallics... And I never tried it before.... Any suggestions for the Duergar and Derro bases, I am all ears! Comments and other suggestions welcome! 8) George
  3. knarthex

    Golem from 02988

    Hey folks, Time to start work on the September Minis for the RPC Challenge, and I decided to start with a Clockwork/steam powered Golem from the Duergar Cleric and Golem pack. The Female cleric and the Duergar Sergeant and Grunts (02989) will also be done in September, I hope.... I took 2 picks of the figure before I re-primed in black, blew them up to 8 1/2 x 11", printed them out, and searched for flaws that I had missed earlier while sitting at the Pathfinder table... It showed me a few mold lines that I had missed here and there, so I guess that experiment worked to the good. I don't think that I will print the pics I take to do this the next time, I'll just blow them up on the computer, and work from there. So with all the new techniques I am learning and trying, I decided to add Zenithal Priming to the list. I took pics, as normal, from straight on to the figure, and then realized that I should take them from a little bit above! That is all for now, will likely add some more later... 8) George