My nighty night ranger

NymMoondown

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark gray and blues, maybe some greens and maybe some medium shades too. I would avoid black as black in shadows stands out. Hard to believe I know, but as a child playing "kick-the Can" growing up I found out that I could see a "darker" spot in heavily shadowed areas, giving away someone hiding there. The blues and gray were hardest to see, so my Favorite shirt for playing was a light blue. I could hide anywhere!

Lady  Tam

Kick the Can hiding expert!  :D

It is hiding seek with a ball. The ball or the "can as it is called" sits in one spot. the person who is  "it" stands there with eyes closed and counts to what ever number was decided. The rest of the kids hide. If the person who is it finds you, they take you back to the "can" where you have to stay, until everyone is caught, or someone comes along and frees you by tagging you. If you are tagged free you scatter and hise agian but before going someone kicks the ball away from it's spot. when the person who is it comes back they have to retrieve the ball and start all over again!. we always played in the summer at dusk til way dark. We used three to four neighber's yards (back and front) to hide in. It was a blast! I was a good "hider" and a good "seeker" The object was to find every one without someone coming along and freeeing them. A real good "seeker" would hide close by and wait in ambush for someone to come and try to free the tagged people, or to just kick the ball. because if you had some one tagged and brought them back and no ball... they were free too!  We would take turns being "it" and always had a good time.

Lady Tam

you know on elladin's cloak, how its huge and kind of goes infront of him. I was thinking about the highlighting process. so far all i've done is give it a glave (i think its a glaze, I covered all the cloak in it) of black ink. now my problem is that i've never shaded something so big. what i'm thinking i'm going to do is just highlight the very upmost ridges on his cloak.

Well, usually I just paint the shades and the stark hilights on the cloak, then go from there.

Take your hilight color, and shade color, and blend together. Using water/future floor wax thin it down a bit. Then apply this intermediate shade to the area between the hilight and the shade. Add shade or hilight color as needed and keep doing this till it's blended away...

-Daniel