All-Terrain Monkey

Ceynuundra Aelvari - Elven High Command

Saint of Sinners  Posted on Mar 29 2005, 08:56 PM

And Goldenbirdie boy thought he had hiden the elven thread from me Heeehee

Seriously, this thread needs to be moved to the Faction thread

You're absolutely right. Thread moved to where it belongs.

Weekly Model Reveiw

Model: Centaur (14110)

+/- : The centaur is one of the best solo models an elf army can buy. A true bargain with its low point cost and great abilities. Between its high speed and range this horseman can easily flank an opposing army and feather there back side. Both his RAV and MAV are modest while his DV is just slightly better then the average grunt. Thankfully the young colt is not classified as a beast so upgrade him to make a deadly magekiller. Also of note he is NOT unique, so you may have as many centaurs as you do leaders in yer Fighting COmpany.

The only down side is that the Centaur is solitaire model... oh, what carnage a troop of nine centaurs could do to the O'lords or Reven :devil:

Tactics: As I stated before the Centaurs make great flank harassers. When fighting a single opponent send two centaurs (on either side of the battlefield) behind emeny lines while yer main force charges down the middle. Yer oppenent will have to decide which emeny to deal with, either waste time and resourses chasing yer centaurs or allow them to whiddle down their grunts from behind.

painting/assembly : easy to moderate... glueing a single arm and sticking it to a base (which now the centaurs are being shipped with the correct bases) is the assembly required. On the two centaurs I have neither required pinning and a small amount of cleaning (removing of mold lines and the like). Painting is within a beginners experience level. Not to difficult but there is a good amount of detail work to keep a painter interested.

Overall Rate: excellent. A must have for any elven army.

And as far as the "GE List™" goes here are my normal troop choices; note this is for a 750 point game, and I usually scale up from there.

Troop 1

Meridh

2 Vale Archers

4 Vale Warriors

Troop 2

Meridh

2 Vale Archer

4 Vale Warriors

Troop 3

Selwyn

2 Vale Archers

4 Deathseekers

Standard, Musician

Just curious - (I haven't played a game, but soon, darn it, soon)

Why not use Arnise as one of the Sargeants, and move the deathseekers to that troop? Something along the lines of:

Meridh

2 Vale Archers

4 Vale Warriors

Troop 2

Arnise

2 Vale Archers

4 Deathseekers

Standard, Musician

Troop 3

Selwyn

2 Vale Archers

4 Vale Warriors

This is mostly a fluffy change, by having the Death Seeker Sarge leading the Death seekers. Is there a problem inherent in doing this?

I'm happy to announce that once that slacker FreeFall gets around to approving his batreps, the Elves should be claiming Sarkos Providence for themselves (at least until this weekend :B): ). Arnise and Meridh led their forces in a bitter battle against the wight Iks and his henchman Corvis, unfortunately only a lone Death Seeker survived the battle to return to camp with the news (well, maybe survivings a bad thing from a Death Seeker's point of view).

On another battlefield, Selwyn and Arnise's twin brother Arnold were victorius against an Overlord raiding party led by the feared Capt. Andras. Not even an ubered up Ymrillix could survive an Ice Shard up the wazoo from Lysette though and the Overlord forces were routed. The Elves then proceeded to whoop up on some nearby Crusaders just for the practice (we had a newbie join us for a 3-player demo game, but he doesn't have a force, so no points for that win).

Point cost; Meridh is 36, Arnise is 60. Arnise is very cool for a Sgt choice as she can have an elite, but with the list I normally use it comes out to 750 even.

OIC. Thanks for the insight. Getting to the point value exactly has never been a strong point for me, and you've done so with a good mix of melee and ranged figures.

-T

My goal wasn't to hit 750 exactly, but it was definitely cool when it worked out that way.

And Chrome, don't fall into the trap of thinking Deathseekers are suicidal homicidal maniacs. They're just homicidal maniacs; it's easy to get yourself killed in battle, it's hard to keep alive long enough to rack up a kill count above and beyond what a human should ever be capable of.

Ok I finally mustered the courage and painted up one of my elven warriors... it turned out surprisingly well. Of course it still took me all day to do just one mini though ::P: Well, only 46 more elf minis left to paint.

By the way GE (who brings great minis to life) hows the progress on Kara coming?

I was started on one before I noticed an area was soft and not easily fixable; I just got the replacement tonight so hopefully I'll have her fairly respectable by the weekend.

And yeah, the elves do take a long time to paint; I call them the Army of the Fiddly Bits, though some of the others appear to be poised to take the crown.

Greetings my elven friends!

I just started playing Warlord, and decided to play elves (mostly because games workshop took so dang long to come out with their new wood elves for Warhammer!). I have got some questions about the elves. My first is, Is there a model out for Meridh the Vale Sgt., or do you just use a vale warrior model as him? Do you think death seekers are a good choice for my Warband?

Thankyou, friends

Yukimura, please post here! your people need to see the latest faction member!

Elves: it's what's for dinner

(keekeekeekeekee!)

Is there a model out for Meridh the Vale Sgt., or do you just use a vale warrior model as him?

Meridh is on the schedule for a September Release.

14217_G_001.jpg

I've seen a variety of options as a proxy for him.

Hello Lordoftheleaves!

Any elf you like is a good Meridh stand in; you can just designate a warrior until two months from now (or so, give or take, you know, etc.).

As far as Deathseekers go they're a fantastic choice to add melee punch to your warband. The key is to make sure they go on the offensive, as a lot of their ability is wasted on defensive strikes. Having a cleric around to keep them up and killing is always a good bet.

Their sergeant is a great buy as well, as you get an elite slot and a good double-track melee sgt for 60 points.

As for composition recommendations, well, you can just scroll through this thread and see what several have thought ::):.