• This topic is locked This topic is locked
387 replies to this topic

#16 All-Terrain Monkey

All-Terrain Monkey

Lord of the Ninja Monkeys

• Artists
  • 1530 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:58 PM

True, it does, but I was talking about a Special Ability of Lord Ironraven's that Elven players will absolutely love.

John Bonnot, Grandmaster Punster, Reaper Painting VIP, and Suburb-Class Painter. "If you're not cheating, you're not painting." -- Me

#17 Gog Kluge

Gog Kluge

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 01:15 PM

Big?

#18 All-Terrain Monkey

All-Terrain Monkey

• Artists
  • 1530 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:55 PM

Yep; nothing like nailing a leader who's behind his own troops.

That's just one of the things you can learn by studying all of your opponent's information carefully. Any tactical advantage can have a huge impact upon the success of your troops.

John Bonnot, Grandmaster Punster, Reaper Painting VIP, and Suburb-Class Painter. "If you're not cheating, you're not painting." -- Me

#19 Steven Page

Steven Page

The Old Man In The Mountain

• Black Lightning
  • 3453 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 10:08 PM

Kellinator played a 1000 point demo game at the Warroom today, and her elves whipped her WH-playing opponent like a rented mule. It was a thing of beauty. She used the giant eagle and Mossbeard to totally intimidate him, and let her archers do the rest......

She later played against my mercs and gave me much more of a fight than I wanted.....Orba had only one breaker left to praise his narrow victory......My advise:watch out for her. She is going to be dangerous once she learns afew of her opponent's tricks.
"Lo there do I see my father ; lo there do I see my mother , and my sisters and my brothers. There do I see the line of my people; they call to me from Valhalla, where the brave may live forever."

Swords & Wizardry and the O edition D&D forums

#20 All-Terrain Monkey

All-Terrain Monkey

• Artists
  • 1530 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:03 PM

What's WH?

#21 abngi

abngi

Godlike

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:30 PM

What's WH?

Wanton Hussy, a reference to the "consorting" of the Witch Queen.

Okay, so it probably isn't. I assume they were referring to a WarHammer player, as they mentioned it was a demo game.
Errata & Clarifications on www.deathground.com

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may know peace."
-Thomas Paine

#22 kellinator

kellinator

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:16 PM

You're too kind, Steve! :blush:
Don't eat me, I'm not a hedgehog!

#23 Unglef

Unglef

Godlike

• Members
  • 2810 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

What's WH?

Wanton Hussy, a reference to the "consorting" of the Witch Queen.

Okay, so it probably isn't. I assume they were referring to a WarHammer player, as they mentioned it was a demo game.

Yes, and the guy was a complete tool.
Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

#24 Feanor

Feanor

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:24 PM

Come let us not grow complacent in our power.
I am starting in a campaighn and based on our preliminary battle am prolly considered the most powerful.
My army typically includes:
A captain with magic weapon and improved protection
6 spearmen
Lysette firestorm 2 ice shards
Arnise
4 archers
Caerwynn
Centaur
800 points (ish)
It has been just fabulouls thus far but my foes are developing new ideas new armie and the games are getting close too close

any idears or new tactics that have worked troops I should invest in?
thanks all

I do not know fear but I understand the price to be paid for arragonce.
I shall return

#25 Cerridwyn1st

Cerridwyn1st

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1432 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:55 PM

GoldenEagle:

Aren't you the person working on the upcoming Warlord Elves strategy guide? If so, I can't wait to see it.

I am somewhat disappointed that there is a generic Archery leader that has many of Caerwyn's abilities, but she isn't a leader...

Also that there is no Elven archer with Scrye Shot.

I will give your 750 point troop a try to see how it works. I played a game where I had an archer group with Caerwyn, but also a group of fighters with Meridh. I was amazed how tactically useful it was to be able to crack one shot from my otherwise ground-pounder group at enemy forces. Allowed me to pick off a few key models while the opposing troop was till outside the range of the massive elven firepower. There is definatly something to be said for surgical archery strikes.

#26 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

Nothing scares me more then the thought of Cerridwyn and Goldeneagle working on elven strategies together <_<

I'm just glad I won't be fighting either of ya ::P:
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#27 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17148 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:44 AM

Nothing makes me more scared of the Elves than the prospect of Lorielle rejoining the faction. :P

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#28 Cerridwyn1st

Cerridwyn1st

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1432 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:35 AM

Nothing makes me more scared of the Elves than the prospect of Lorielle rejoining the faction. :P

yeah, and according to the fluff, she'd be a Sergeant. Who hoo!

#29 Cerridwyn1st

Cerridwyn1st

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1432 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

Well, reach cancels First Strike, yes?

How can Reach cancel First Strike? Doesn't one give attack support bonuses to a friendly model in front, while the other negates strike-backs if the model hit is killed outright?

#30 kellinator

kellinator

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:06 PM

Aren't you the person working on the upcoming Warlord Elves strategy guide? If so, I can't wait to see it.

What's the story on this? Is it the faction book or something entirely different?
Don't eat me, I'm not a hedgehog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users