16 replies to this topic

#1 violator

violator

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:52 AM

Ok i got a question about the swag point items we can buy.. why cant we purchase miniatures with them. im a truck driver and dont let the size of a semi fool ya i cant get a paint rock in here.. t shirts lol dont come to my size im afraid.. key chains i suppose i could hand out at demos.. hats.. na i dye my hair id rather show it off LOL which doesnt leave me much that i can use. if its money from us we still gotta buy minis in order to get enough swag points for it but i think it would be fairly decent on both the companies and us the consumers behalf because for us it promotes that we should buy more minis from yall and brings more business... and as far as on your behalf.. it gives great PR not only to your already valued customers.. gives us more to brag about in promoting your business... in which being a black lightning demo team member.. its important to give us more to offer the consumers... just a suggestion.. later
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>I say Destroy the cosmos and ask questions later..</span></span>

#2 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:44 AM

This topic comes up every few months. ^_^

The basic response from the general public is "just be happy you can get something for free. no other company offers free stuff". NOTE - that is NOT Reaper's response, but just the response of the general public.

It is also generally agreed that no one really buys Reaper minis for the Swag points. No one goes to their FLGS and passes up the Confrontation minis because they know they can get something with their Reaper Swag points.

I don't recal if Reaper ever really responds to these type questions. I'm just summing up what usually gets said when this idea comes up. :B):
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#3 violator

violator

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:11 AM

This topic comes up every few months. ^_^

The basic response from the general public is "just be happy you can get something for free. no other company offers free stuff". NOTE - that is NOT Reaper's response, but just the response of the general public.

It is also generally agreed that no one really buys Reaper minis for the Swag points. No one goes to their FLGS and passes up the Confrontation minis because they know they can get something with their Reaper Swag points.

I don't recal if Reaper ever really responds to these type questions. I'm just summing up what usually gets said when this idea comes up. :B):

your in error about the no one ever gets free stuff.. they do it all the time its called PR my friend... as i pointed out there isnt much i can get except the keychains to give out thats about it... its a reasonable question to be asked if it gets ignored thats fine ill send it to a rep in an email no biggie..
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>I say Destroy the cosmos and ask questions later..</span></span>

#4 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:51 AM

Just trying to help. :upside:

Here is a fairly comprehensive thread on the topic. It has several seperate threads merged together. It should answer your SWAG questions.
SWAG thread
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#5 Aryanun

Aryanun

Darth Bonk

• Members
  • 7251 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

We should merge this thread with the other and sticky it. This topic comes up so much... :huh:
Posted Image Wielder of the original BONK! ™

Kheprera - main character on Freedom; global chat handle is @Kheprera - City of Heroes, give me a shout!

"If I fail, they write me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart." --- George A. Romero

"Hulk bash Iron Man face!" --- my son, Thomas, at seeing Iron Man #19

"If I had any dignity, that would have been humiliating" --- Adam Savage from Mythbusters

#6 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7467 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:44 AM

I'd rather condense it to the FAQs and make a stickied post of that instead of all of the pages of the threads.

I'm working on it.

c

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 09:06 AM

. t shirts lol dont come to my size im afraid..

Our SWAG T shirts are available in M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, and XXXXL, and all in figure-slimming Black.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#8 Aryanun

Aryanun

Darth Bonk

• Members
  • 7251 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:29 AM

. t shirts lol dont come to my size im afraid..

Our SWAG T shirts are available in M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, and XXXXL, and all in figure-slimming Black.

Ya'll need some child sizes, too.

Thomas needs a Sophie onesie (in a size 9-12 or 12-18 preferrably).

Of course, we've got plenty of youngsters around here as well, with the youngest painter to be around 4.

Kheprera - main character on Freedom; global chat handle is @Kheprera - City of Heroes, give me a shout!

"If I fail, they write me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart." --- George A. Romero

"If I had any dignity, that would have been humiliating" --- Adam Savage from Mythbusters

#9 Kellyn

Kellyn

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

Of course, we've got plenty of youngsters around here as well, with the youngest painter to be around 4.

*blink* What she said. *grin* Yeah. And it's not just the child-painters! Preferably (well, my preference,) you something in an 8-10 kids size (child's Medium, perhaps?) or Large. Either way. I need some ReaperWear!

Jess

#10 Aryanun

Aryanun

Darth Bonk

• Members
  • 7251 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

*blink* What she said. *grin* Yeah. And it's not just the child-painters! Preferably (well, my preference,) you something in an 8-10 kids size (child's Medium, perhaps?) or Large. Either way. I need some ReaperWear!

Jess

Hmm, that should have read 9-12 or 12-18 MONTHS. Heh. :huh: :blush:

#11 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10046 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:45 AM

The onesie's a fun idea. Limited application, but fun nonetheless.

The kids sizes are more practical, certainly. I'll talk to Al about it.

It is highly unlikely that we will ever trade swag points for a figure. I don't like to say never, because I may be proven wrong someday, but you have a better chance at winning the lottery, I imagine. There are industry political reasons we don't do this, and even legal ones. So no figures in exchange for points, limited edition or otherwise.

kit

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#12 lstormhammer

lstormhammer

Godlike

• Members
  • 7121 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:00 PM

Um... Is that Official Reaper Stuff ™?

Unless I've been living on Mars, under a rock, in a cave, with my eyes closed and my fingers in my ears, I think I would have known about that...

Quite possible, but since I know Reaper has their shirts professionally silk-screened, I would think this sort of thing below the fine standards of Reaper.

--LSH
--Thou shalt not worship false Billy Idols. --Thou shalt not post in all Craps. --Thou shalt not take the name Stephen Fry in vain.

#13 Erion

Erion

Paragon of Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5340 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:43 PM

The onesie's a fun idea. Limited application, but fun nonetheless.

The kids sizes are more practical, certainly. I'll talk to Al about it.

It is highly unlikely that we will ever trade swag points for a figure. I don't like to say never, because I may be proven wrong someday, but you have a better chance at winning the lottery, I imagine. There are industry political reasons we don't do this, and even legal ones. So no figures in exchange for points, limited edition or otherwise.

kit

Industry Political Reasons?

IIRC until somewhat recently GW mail order gave out "Skullz" you could trade for free stuff, including certain miniatures.

Not that I'm not in agreement with the "no Minis from Swag" stance.
Providing A Public-Access Repository of Useless Knowledge since 1973.

A flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance."
--Kurt Vonnegut

"The greatest enemy of your creative powers is smug complacency -- being satisfied with less than what you are capable of doing." --Nido Qubein

#14 Mengu

Mengu

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1956 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:49 PM

your in error about the no one ever gets free stuff.. they do it all the time its called PR my friend...

But Reaper does give away tons of stuff. It's usually in the form of paint and take miniatures and speedpainting miniatures at conventions, prizes for convention tournaments and demos, prizes for painting contests (some at conventions, some online, not necessarily organized by Reaper), and other donations I've heard of but can't recall at the moment. Yes freebies are good PR, and Reaper already does a lot of it.
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" -Charles M. Schulz

#15 Erion

Erion

Paragon of Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5340 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

your in error about the no one ever gets free stuff.. they do it all the time its called PR my friend...

But Reaper does give away tons of stuff. It's usually in the form of paint and take miniatures and speedpainting miniatures at conventions, prizes for convention tournaments and demos, prizes for painting contests (some at conventions, some online, not necessarily organized by Reaper), and other donations I've heard of but can't recall at the moment. Yes freebies are good PR, and Reaper already does a lot of it.

True enough. Prize support for Black Lightning alone has to come to tens of thousands of dollars per year.
Providing A Public-Access Repository of Useless Knowledge since 1973.

A flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance."
--Kurt Vonnegut

"The greatest enemy of your creative powers is smug complacency -- being satisfied with less than what you are capable of doing." --Nido Qubein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users