Digital M@

Spring 2005 Mini Exchange

192 posts in this topic

Just mailed my exchange mini today - I have some pics, but hopefully the recipient takes better pictures than I do.... :blush:

Arrived yesterday and is really neat! I'll nudge Dracos to get pictures for me, he's the photographer of the family.

I like the dice bag, as padding too. ::P:

:B): Glad you like them!

Sounds really fun exchanging minis with other people, unfortunatly, I'm a (really) bad painter...

I guess it would not be fair for the one who will receive my mini.

Anyway, maybe next time (if I'm better).

Skill has nothing to do with participation in the mini exchange. It is about trading figures with other people that love the hobby and sharing with the community.

Of course, but I don't want someone giving a good mini and receiving a crappy one. It's just not fair.

Anyway, like I said, maybe next time.

I got mine today from Heisler. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I don't know if my poor camera-fu will do this justice, though.

Ahhh mine is done. Will be out in the mail tomorrow! ::D:

Edit: It's officially in the mail and on it's way. Little hint.. it's an overseas one (from the US) ::D:

Got the USPS confirmation that the minis been recieved!! now just waiting to see the post as to weather or not its liked!! im so nervous i cant even think straight right now!! ::D:

Just a quick note for whoever has mine,

If posible can you send it addressed to "Aaron Hartwell", cuz if my mother-in-law reads spiritual_exorcist I think the bomb squad might end up on my door. Oh the joys of living with your inlaws :blink:

I'll second the notion that a mini-exchange isn't about painting the perfect mini. I've used this opportunity to challange myself and do the best I can, and I see myself improving. When I get whatever mini I get I'll look at it and know someone put effort and ability into just for me, that is what I think is cool. It doesn't matter whether the painter is a beginner or an expert, I mean i'm certainly not even close to the calibre of many people around here.

Just a quick note for whoever has mine,

If posible can you send it addressed to "Aaron Hartwell", cuz if my mother-in-law reads spiritual_exorcist I think the bomb squad might end up on my door. Oh the joys of living with your inlaws :blink:

uh oh... too late ::(:

I don't know, but I just saw a huge squad of cops in body armor approaching a house in Syndey on CNN :poke:

Generally takes about 1-2 weeks for a package to travel the Pacific to me, so I'll bunker down and wait for the bomb squad at the end of next week :)

No, I was in fact embellishing the situation, no worries, I'll just let her know about the package in advance and it won't be a big deal. I appreciate the heads up. I was actually more worried about the parcel getting sent back labeled 'wrong address, no spiritual_exorcist lives here'.

Man, I have to paint my butt off tomorrow, I'm stoked about getting my mini in the mail now that I know one is on it's way to me, I can't wait.

OH! Bamboo shoots in my emotional fingernails, cruel cruel.

I brain stormed on the mini Im working on, I've got high hopes for it, I think thusfar it's probably the best mini I've painted, and for sure one of the best.

I can torture you with hints of pictures ::P::lol:

you could post little black and white pictures of sections of the mini :devil:

-- no, wait, that's been done before ::P: