Sign in to follow this  
Enchantra

How to Make a Marble cutting board

Heya!

A while back my Parents were drooling over a very expensive Marble cutting board they saw at a shop locally. They told me about it and it's contruction sounded EASY.

Well it is Easy.

I went to Home Depot today and I bought a large 12x12 marble tile that is nicely polished on one side. I also picked up four wooden know type drawer pulls.

So tonight I flipped the tile over to show the bottom of it which is unpolished. Using E6000 (You could use an epoxy) I cemented the knobs, one in each corner. Allow to dry.

Amazingly easy and I think I spent a grand total of $5 on it instead of the $25 my Parents saw it for in the store.

What's nice is Marble is not porous, so you can cut meat on it and then wash it and not have any danger of salmonella/E.Coli and other nasties still living on it's surface.

A clear hard resin with marbles set in it and levelled and smooth might make a pretty sweet looking serving dish though.

And to Think I was going to be a Wiseacre, and ask for Enchantra's Favorite Recipie for preparing Marbles.

Then I realized that I had lost mine, so what's the point?

Tim ::D:

Actually I am going to make another one of these except use the polished stainless steel knobs as the feet on it and give it to a friend as part of his wedding fit in April. I'm going to buy other kitchen gadgets to go with it.