JoeGKushner

Paint Case/Collection

58 posts in this topic

Suggestion: Once the whole paint line of 108 is released, maybe Reaper could offer a deal on all the paints, plus the case. I know it wouldn't be a ultra-hot selling item, but it would be cool to have. I know that if I didn't already have the paints, I would go for something like that.

My only concern would be how thick and forgiving the plastic is. I haven't had a lot of good luck with some of the clearer thin plastics. Then tend to be brittle and the corners crack with only minimal bumping.

How much abuse can this take? Have any of the peeps knocked this case around to see if it would survive being dropped or having something dropped on it or hitting the floor of the car because you have to stop short because some idiot stopped short in front of you for a squirrel?

Is there a handle of some sort? I'm not seein' one. otherwise, lookin' cool.

/ali

in the front center there is a part where it is indented as a carry handle - you have to look closely on the picture, but It's there. It's kind of marked by thin white lines - vaguely trapezoidal in shape.

now course.. my question is this... what is there on this product to make me wanna buy it?..

when i could probably go down to walmart and pick up a tacklebox.... thats all this looks like to me.

How much abuse can this take? Have any of the peeps knocked this case around to see if it would survive being dropped or having something dropped on it or hitting the floor of the car because you have to stop short because some idiot stopped short in front of you for a squirrel?

I've been eyeing the prototypes/first runs/whatever Bryan has lying around thinking the same thing Qwik; if I get a chance I'll be sure to put it through its paces (I used to do ruggedizing for civilian IT equipment all the time in the military :devil: ).

Yes Yes, make it official a Reaper emblem or a cool picture of Sophie on a paint stool working on a mini of the world..... and she could be dres..err nevermind the rest, sophie would be cool though

:ph34r:

Production schedules at this time of year can be erratic to say the least (We have to cast up literally thousands of models for Origins and GenCon, package them, and put them in cases for transport, which is in addition to our normal production fulfilment of orders for your FLGS and other retail outlets . . . man it gets crazy down in the shop).

However, Every indication right now is that we have 1, maybe 2 weeks before they ship to distributors. Like I said, The Summer OCn production eats a large chunk of our resources, and delays can happen, but we are trying to hit a target of before End Of Month.

now course.. my question is this... what is there on this product to make me wanna buy it?..

when i could probably go down to walmart and pick up a tacklebox.... thats all this looks like to me.

Having looked around, there are several advantage.

First of all, you can easily throw paint in a tacklebox or similar. The problem is that if you planning on painting somewhere, its a pain to find the paint you are looking for without taking everything out. Cases that are one level like this one allow you to transport the paint and easily work out of the case without emptying them.

Second problem is find cases that manage space right compared to the bottle. One level that allows all the paint to stand up works great as opposed to dumping a bunch of bottles into an open space or putting them in a space that might fit almost 2 bottles, but not quite, so you have a lot of unused space.

Also, if you need more than one case. You can easily stack these in a travel back and they stack well at home. Traveling with more than one tackle box is cumbersome.

Its hard to explain, but that is actually the size and shape I have been looking for prior to ever seeing that pic. All the rubbermaid like cases I find are too short, too tall or have an awkward shape.

Agreed.  I'd have already bought an Adiken case if it were available without paints.

It is available w/o paints. Go to their website, click on the Paints section, then on the case link. At the bottom there is a link saying, "if you already have the paints..." Click that and there you are. :B):

Having seen the Reaper prototype, I am not impressed. I have a box that looks EXACTLY like that from Plano, sans handle, that holds my VMC, Testors, and other paints/supplies with the dividers. I found it at a Bas Pro Shop. If I recall the price was about $2.00. I bought one of those and one without dividers for extra storage. I really haven't found a better way to store and transport paints n stuff.

FYI, we hit an earlier target ship date than anticipated - these babies shipped to Distributors today!

I just saw the case, and cant wait to get one.