Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jim

Silly Question

could someone please tell me what the size of a hex is and how much time a turn represents ????? thanks, i currently have my rulebook hiding from me, so i can't look it up myself.

thanks again,

jim a.

A hex is exactly what it is in 1/160 scale. The ground-scale and the height-scale in CAV are the same, except for Aircraft and some vehicles, for model-cost reasons. Each turn is supposedly around 6 seconds.

Not silly questions at all.

1 Hex = 1 inch = about 15 feet (Figuring N scale is 1/160 and therefore 1 foot = 160 feet, 1 inch would be 160/12 or 13.33) (Actually, the hexes are a bit bigger, but you get the idea)

Turns are a bit of an abstraction in terms of time scale, but it represents just a few moments. (Obviously to have a jet swoop in and strafe a target would take less time than to have an APC land and infantry deploy)

I Guess that Depends on how the Infantry are deployed, and if they have any Say in the matter. :poke:

Not that I would wish it on anyone, but *DUMP* is alot faster than "please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop" :blink:

Tim

I would guess closer to 60 MPH.

All I Remeber is that 60 MPH is = 88 fps.

88 feet = almost 6 Hexes. :blink:

Tim

(thinks this just leaves the Range Lacking....)

I try not to get my CAV up past 88 mph, or else the flux capicator kicks in, and it disappears off the table in a streak of flaming footprints.

ROFLMAO! :lol:

Flux capacitor! Didn't know that Delorean was making CAVs!!!!!!!

<thinking a Stainless steel CAV might look good next to the Gold plated Dictator....> :B):

Tim

Hey, it might be a good idea to somehow immortalize the DeLorean name, as Mr. D himself died last month.