DETHSTRYKER

Dethstryker's Gunsmith Thread

59 posts in this topic

Well, ever since the Army i have had a taste for Rifles and Guns of all types. I loved working in the Arsenal. I loved going into the ranges to fine tune my skills. Fine toon them i did when i was made a Sharpshooter! Anyways, i brought this hobby home with me. I go to the ranges once or twice a week. Put a few rounds down range. Keep'n my skills up to par. I also like working on Guns. Refinishing, reconditioning, and restoring them. Restoration is my main thing. So far, I have done an M1 Garand and an old Japanese WWII 6.5. I dont know the nomenclature for it. All i know is it was recovered in Japan in '45 and was shot at the person using wooden bullets. this was the time when they were running low on ammo and used anything. I dont have a pic of the two above but i van get some by friday i hope. The two latest comissioned restoration projects are below.

The first is an Ithaca made M1911 hailing from '45. I think only 10,000 were made from '43 to '45 from the Rifle company. a real beaut but was in horrible shape. The top slide and all the internals are originals minus the firing pin. I hade to replace the lower receiver unfortunaly as it was horrendously damaged and non functional. it was also refinished.

1911.jpg

1911detail1.jpg

1911detail3.jpg

Second comission piece is a heavily rusted AP9. Nothing special about it other then it came to me without a firing pin.

AP9.jpg

The next was my service M4 that i have heavily mod'd with Defense Procurement Manufacturing Service parts all over. It no longer has the burst option. I still own all the rest of these guns below.

MehandmehgunRecent0001.jpg

Next up is a Barretta CX4 Storm that i mod'd for Police Close Quarter Competitions that i go to once or twice a year. It has a fold up vertical foregrip and a mil-spec Aimpoint M68 Laser Culmenator(sp?) Sight.

CX4c.jpg

Two odd man out pistols. One is a S&W 9mm the othe is a Browning .22 cal.

pistols0001.jpg

pistols0002.jpg

And this friday i will have another special treat for yall. The best AK-47 clone on the market. More reliable then any '47 variant know...and more powerful. This is the baby that all my commissions are paying for. Its an Arsenal SAM-7. Stay tuned this friday for pics of my true love.

Now before any one makes a stink about it, all of MY guns are in museum display cases with reinforced glass. All except the S&W (which is under my car seat) and the .22 (which is under my girlfriends car seat). I have done more commissions over the last year but sadly i havet gotten any pics of them. And there were some real unique pieces too... Hope someone enjoys this!

Do you still have the M4? If so how did you get it from the Army? I always thought that you have to give back everything issued to you. At least every thing you signed for ::P:

Thanx for sharing DS.

I really miss my .45

I had a Colt M1911 Combat Elite in two tone. brushed reciever and blued slide. It was a nice gun except the gunsmith I bought it from screwed up the feed ramp.

I ended up trading it for a motorcycle. I will get another one someday.

I'm into FN FALs, and clones there of.

Here's a link to the FAL Files, where I'm a member, and a pair of my beauties...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread....threadid=107210

Best,

John Bear Ross

PS, here's a good link to any gun-haters you might run into...very thoughtful presentation on the necessity for self-reliance, and how folks have no need to fear mere tools.

http://www.a-human-right.com

Do you still have the M4? If so how did you get it from the Army? I always thought that you have to give back everything issued to you. At least every thing you signed for ::P:

I bought it off them as surplus seeing as at the time it was very damaged. Hence the DPMS mods to it. Plus i added a lot. Hat to replace the entire lower receiver assembly. hence no burst.

I'm into FN FALs, and clones there of.

Here's a link to the FAL Files, where I'm a member, and a pair of my beauties...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread....threadid=107210

Best,

John Bear Ross

PS, here's a good link to any gun-haters you might run into...very thoughtful presentation on the necessity for self-reliance, and how folks have no need to fear mere tools.

http://www.a-human-right.com

I almost bought an FN FAL at the last gun show that was here. How are they shooting-wise? Yeah. I have that rights site bookmarked. ^_^

I have no guns, but I'm a crack shot with a 4" blowgun....

Sigh. Okay I'll stop trying to fit in now.

Very nice FALs. Always liked the weapon but never got to shoot one. But I've shot just about everything in the US arsenal (or its kissing cousin) at one point or another. They wouldn't let me take my weapons with me afterwards either. Something about an Abrams costing a couple million...

Damon.

you were on the Abrams too? I was a driver and just qualified gunner at UCOFT. What unit were you with?

FALs are a beaut to shoot. Accurate out to 600 meters easy, even with iron sights. Dependable as all get-out. Easy to clean as well, unlike my M-4 at work. Best part is, I can put one together, starting with a bare receiver and parts kit. And with 7.62 NATO, you know you're having an affect downrange.

Best,

JBR

I'm down to just my S&W model 410 .40 cal. and my shotgun. I've heavily modified my shotgun with a new pistol grip/shoulder stock and a magazine extension and some other doo-dads like a rifled barrel for slugs and a nice trench gun style sight.

My Smith is stock but it shoots beautifully and I don't shoot IPSC anymore so a beveled magazine well or any other "race" gun stuff would just be extraneous.

You'll never, ever catch me telling you where I keep either one of them. :lol:

When I did shoot IPSC I had a Springfiled Armory .38 Super and a SA .45 that were all "comp'd up" but they went the way of my Mazda RX-7 years ago. :down:

I was once issued a Colt .45 clone that was obviously made during WWII as it was stamped "SINGER" on the side. Yep, the same company that makes sewing machines made .45's. I also had an Ithaca issued to me when I was first in the NC Guard; carried it during the first Gulf War.

You were extraordinarily lucky to pick up an M-4 via DRMO Dethstryker. I have never in 17 years seen any weapons come up "surplus" damaged or not. Lucky dog. <_<

I was once issued a Colt .45 clone that was obviously made during WWII as it was stamped "SINGER" on the side. Yep, the same company that makes sewing machines made .45's. I also had an Ithaca issued to me when I was first in the NC Guard; carried it during the first Gulf War.

IIRC Mattel was manufacturing M3 "Grease Guns" during WWII!

Damon.

FALs are a beaut to shoot. Accurate out to 600 meters easy, even with iron sights. Dependable as all get-out. Easy to clean as well, unlike my M-4 at work. Best part is, I can put one together, starting with a bare receiver and parts kit. And with 7.62 NATO, you know you're having an affect downrange.

Best,

JBR

What is it you do other then freelance? Law Enforcement? Army? Who knew one of my fav CAD (which i am now going to school to learn) artist is also a gun enthusiast as well...

Mmmmm 7.62s... Nothing says lovin' like a nice solid .30 round... That's why i am getting a Arsenal SAM-7. 7.62X39mm with all the flaws fixed that no other AK clone could fix...

http://www.arsenalinc.com/sam7s.htm

You were extraordinarily lucky to pick up an M-4 via DRMO Dethstryker. I have never in 17 years seen any weapons come up "surplus" damaged or not. Lucky dog. <_<

Remember: Its not what you know its WHO you know... ^_^