kit

Beekeepers Forum

Topics of a controversial nature belong in a little forum we call "Beekeepers." This includes inherently sensitive political, ethical, and moral discussions. And if a tame topic starts to develop into a topic for the beekeepers, it will be dutifully moved by one of our excellent mods.

If you don't see the Beekeepers, that means you don't have access to it. If you want access to read and post with the Beekeepers, PM me or ReaperBryan.

The board code of conduct still applies in the Beekeepers. Any abusive or pointedly offensive behavior reported will result in immediate temporary suspension of your account. Multiple infractions will result in getting your account banned. Participate at your own risk.

kit

• Like 2

If you haven't hit more than 100 posts in general discussion, you probably haven't had enough time to gain an understanding of the genial atmosphere we have here at the Reaper forum. Take some time, get to know the place and the people, and once you have hit 100+ posts in general discussion, ask me for access.

Thanks,

kit

• Like 1

If you posted in a thread and it dissapears does this mean it was moved to "beekeepers"?

Very likely. For example the Chainmail Bikini thread was moved to Beekeepers.

• Like 2

If you posted in a thread and it dissapears does this mean it was moved to "beekeepers"?

Yes but not always. Some threads are removed because the moderation staff - or more often, simply me - thinks the discussion is not appropriate. (This often happens with threads designed to bait, troll, or inflame, or threads encouraging others to bash Reaper, or threads intended to hint sideways at off-board trades or sales, and the like)

In the case of a rules violation, we will contact the offending member via PM to politely notify them as to which rules were broken so that they can be careful in the future. Nobody was notified when the Chainmail Bikinis thread was moved, however, because nobody broke any specific rules, although the conversation did move in the politically and emotionally charged territory that we reserve for that corner of our forum. We encourage civil, non-charged discussion, and when sensitive topics come up (anything to do with current US Politics or the like) they are moved to Beekeepers with no penalty - that is, we do not count it as a "mark" against participants in the thread.

• Like 9

I've seen "beekeepers/beekeeping" used on another forum, and I was wondering if you had a definition around. I went to urban dictionary, but all I found there were preposterously vulgar insults.

• Like 3

I've seen "beekeepers/beekeeping" used on another forum, and I was wondering if you had a definition around. I went to urban dictionary, but all I found there were preposterously vulgar insults.

In our use, Beekeepers refers to the potential for venom among the topics.

Literally, "You asked to be allowed to tend the Bees, do not become upset if you get stung"/"You asked us to be allowed to discuss sensitive topics (politics, religion, current events) on the forums, do not blame us if someone in there upsets you (unless they violate the rules regarding abusive behavior)".

• Like 10

Current topics include: Threads for individual US Presidential candidates, Healthcare, Same Sex marriage, Mourning friends, ISIS, Climate Science, Controversial Public figures with things named for them, Pinkham's law, Facebook, HOAs, and Editorial Cartoons.

If any of those make you want to not join, don't.

If you think you can talk about them rationally, listen to opposing viewpoints, and not lose your cool having a genuine conversation with friends who disagree with you, then send me a PM.

Topics change often, as elsewhere on the forums.

Remember, as always, rules for behavior and decorum apply.

• Like 7

It's beginning to look like one of the things that got lost in the transition to the new software was Beekeepers Access.

If you want access to Beekeepers, please send me a PM. 

• Like 9