joshuaslater

Player Locater

I've been looking on these forums to see if there is a regional player locater for Warlord. Is it is on here and I'm just oblivious, or is there some other directory I can use. I live in Philly and sadly, there's no friendly local gaming store in the city.

at

http://warlordhq.reapergames.com

registered members (registration is free, BTW, and we do not sell your information to anyone) may look in their profile for a list of other registered members within specific radius' of them. You can look within 50, 75, 100, 200, or 300 miles, or view everyone in the entire region. Since regions are all based on real-world geography, this is an excellent tool for finding new players.

Within Reapergames, there is a messaging system, so you can issue a challenge to battle, or just chat, from there.

You are also welcome to play around on these forums, there is a wealth of player information, and tons of good players here willing to help.

For your convenience, I am moving this post to the Warlord Area of the Forum, so more Warlorders will read it, maybe somebody near Philly will chime in!

A related question:

Would one of you Reep-peeps who knows, please post the list of regions in Taltos and their real world linkage? OR if oyu have. please point me to it. Danke.

I beg to differ, but since I actually live in the Midwest, I would have to say that ALL of those states qualifies as "The West". I live in Oklahoma. You can't get much more Midwest than that, unless you are in Kansas. Of course, no one will admit they are from Kansas, so that point is moot. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

I beg to differ, but since I actually live in the Midwest, I would have to say that ALL of those states qualifies as "The West". I live in Oklahoma. You can't get much more Midwest than that, unless you are in Kansas. Of course, no one will admit they are from Kansas, so that point is moot.    :lol:

Wild Bill  :blues:

:blink:

silly okie, trying to start a border war? just wait 'til Spartan sees that :poke:

Yes, Kansas, Oklahoma, and upwards is the Midwest.

New Mexico, Arizona, Cali are southwest. Colorado up to Washington is the Northwest. South is Texas to Florida. East would be the orginal 13 states.

at

http://warlordhq.reapergames.com

registered members (registration is free, BTW, and we do not sell your information to anyone) may look in their profile for a list of other registered members within specific radius' of them. You can look within 50, 75, 100, 200, or 300 miles, or view everyone in the entire region. Since regions are all based on real-world geography, this is an excellent tool for finding new players.

*weep* There isn't anyone closer than 150 miles from me.... That sure makes trying to learn to play REALLY difficult....

Although I do have one question. I'm not sure how the regions divide up exactly, but if somone lived on/near a border of a region, would the search mechanism disregard players that lived closer but were technically located in another region?

Me(c:

It lists anyone in that mileage range.

I just expanded mine out to 300 miles, and it started adding in the folks from NY, which is a different region on the Balance of Power map than the Forgewalk Marches.

*weep* There isn't anyone closer than 150 miles from me.... That sure makes trying to learn to play REALLY difficult....

Although I do have one question. I'm not sure how the regions divide up exactly, but if somone lived on/near a border of a region, would the search mechanism disregard players that lived closer but were technically located in another region?

Me(c:

The "Find players in X Radius" Search keys off of Zip Codes you entered when you registered. It is completely indifferent to the Regional boundaries.

Where are you located? Often, we can find conventions/etc. near people where we have BL Demo reps. I can't promise anything, but we can try.

Where are you located? Often, we can find conventions/etc. near people where we have BL Demo reps. I can't promise anything, but we can try.

Southern West Virginia. I've checked for Black Lightning demos and stuff. Colombus seems to be the closest I've found, and that's a good 3 hr drive away. There are no major interstates that connect Charleston and Colombus so..... I've been trying to talk my boyfriend into playing too so I'll at least have someone to play, but it'll be rough with niether of us knowing anything about the rules.

Thanks for the help though.

Me (c:

We have no BL presence in WV or VA, but there are quite few in Ohio.

I can definitely recommend asking the people here to help run you through the rules. Perhaps some of our BL reps in Ohio or someplace near WV would be willing to e-mail Shadowlight with tips/advice?

Hey Shadowlight, do you have any gaming store that are near you that you know of? The reason I ask is the finding people that are near you to play is only good for people who have regestered.

If you have trouble finding any gaming stores near you, there is one thing you might try. I hope I don't get shot, stabbed, beaten, or anything worst for mentioning this :unsure:, but you can go on to the GW website and try to locate a gaming store near you. If they sell GW stuff, they just might sell Reaper stuff.