• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7473 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:30 AM

Since this issue continues to be asked, I have added it here.

I'm going to have to take a policy stand against some of the sig files. I know they're fun and express individualtiy, but the animated sigs are starting to adversely affect performance. Today someone linked to an animated graphic that was just under 60k -- that single image's file size exceeds that of the HTML of the page that was displaying the graphic, all together this single page would take a dial-up user in excess of 30 seconds to load.

Static images are fine for now. Please keep them under 4k. 2k is better.

Animated sig images need to go. If they aren't gone on their own, I'll start cleaning them up on May 31st.

This will become a general announcement for the board as well.

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#17 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7473 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:28 AM

Q: I Have a piece missing "or" the model was broken in the box when I opened it, what should I do?

A: Contact Reaper directly. We will ship you replacement parts ASAP. Please have the original packaging in hand when you call or email: questions@reapermini.com

it might take a little time to get a reply, but if it is longer than one business week, retry.

#18 Austrimo

Austrimo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

I am new to the world of metal miniatures. I am sad to say I have been tainted mostly by plastic prepainted ones, but with my trip to gencon I got to see the light. A group of people from Texas were at my table talking about customizing mini's. I want to have at least a few customized ones. I pretty much gutted out the God's of Greyhawk and put ones of my players and a few of my retired characters as gods. To make things more fun I want to have metal mini's of the God's in my world. I have no clue on how to order mini's so I can replace arms, weapons and all that. One example of a mini I want to put together is a elven cleric that looks slightly dark like, wearing blue robe carrying a scythe. Others a gnome that can sit in a big robot, a manniqun. If anyone can tell me how I order to customize them, that would be very helpful.

#19 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10046 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

I am new to the world of metal miniatures. I am sad to say I have been tainted mostly by plastic prepainted ones, but with my trip to gencon I got to see the light. A group of people from Texas were at my table talking about customizing mini's. I want to have at least a few customized ones. I pretty much gutted out the God's of Greyhawk and put ones of my players and a few of my retired characters as gods. To make things more fun I want to have metal mini's of the God's in my world. I have no clue on how to order mini's so I can replace arms, weapons and all that. One example of a mini I want to put together is a elven cleric that looks slightly dark like, wearing blue robe carrying a scythe. Others a gnome that can sit in a big robot, a manniqun. If anyone can tell me how I order to customize them, that would be very helpful.

A good place to start would be our Craft section. Check out the entries under the "Conversion" category for fundamentals that would work for any situation.

Another good place to ask would be the conversions section of this forum. But I'd suggest going in with more specific questions.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#20 Becky

Becky

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

I'm posting here because I don't know where to ask this question. My FLGS is closed. I have a national chain store called Hastings that carries comics, role playing books in addition to the other stuff. Would they be able to order Reaper products on my behalf? Do any national chains carry or have the ability to carry Reaper miniatures?

#21 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10365 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:00 AM

I'm posting here because I don't know where to ask this question. My FLGS is closed. I have a national chain store called Hastings that carries comics, role playing books in addition to the other stuff. Would they be able to order Reaper products on my behalf? Do any national chains carry or have the ability to carry Reaper miniatures?

Any retailer could contact us directly, or if they work with a distributor we work through (such as Alliance, Diamond COmics, ACD, etc). It is worth asking the store manager if they use one of those distribution chains, although the store may be unable to order outside of the defined product lines that HQ offers them.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#22 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6797 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

It is worth asking the store manager if they use one of those distribution chains, although the store may be unable to order outside of the defined product lines that HQ offers them.

Even if they can't get it for you, it IS definitely worth asking for. Unless they have a gamer on staff, that's the only way they'll know there is any demand for these products. Comic book shops are a good one to ask, too - because some of the comic distributors also carry game stuff. Those distributors may also be providing stuff to other companies where you wouldn't necessarily look for gaming stuff - years back, we managed to get our local family fun center (mini-golf/arcade/go-karts) to carry gaming items.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#23 Terra Branford

Terra Branford

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Hmm...we can post questions on here, right? I was wondering....I had some crazy ideas to suggest to people on the forums for dioramas...things I know I'm not at a level to actually do. I was wondering where was the best place to suggest them? I know there's some areas for contest creation. I didn't want anyone to confuse my suggestions with that though. General Discussion doesn't sound like the appropriate place either. And this isn't something "off-topic" so that's out.

Edited by Terra Branford, 03 January 2014 - 08:41 PM.

And yea, the Bones did spring forth from the Containers, and Reaper gazed upon them and they were good. And there was much rejoicing (no minstrels were harmed), and the Spring of Bones did come upon the land. And there was joy for all, as they spread from hither to yon across the breadth of the earth. And all was made awesome unto the gaming community.

The Book of Gamers, Prophecy 6:10:13

#24 Xherman1964

Xherman1964

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Question, i started a thread.

I notice some people have like a tag symbol with the title and then followed by a small list of things that can be found in the post.

How do i add such a tag?

The World is a Rabbit, we are but its droppings.

#25 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7473 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hmm...we can post questions on here, right? I was wondering....I had some crazy ideas to suggest to people on the forums for dioramas...things I know I'm not at a level to actually do. I was wondering where was the best place to suggest them? I know there's some areas for contest creation. I didn't want anyone to confuse my suggestions with that though. General Discussion doesn't sound like the appropriate place either. And this isn't something "off-topic" so that's out.

Start yourself a discussion thread in Painting Tips and Advice.

Question, i started a thread.

I notice some people have like a tag symbol with the title and then followed by a small list of things that can be found in the post.

How do i add such a tag?

You will need to go to the initial post in the thread.
Use the full version of the editor to edit your post.

#26 Xherman1964

Xherman1964

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

THX

It worked,

The World is a Rabbit, we are but its droppings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users