ReaperShaun

The Greater Empire of the Rach

331 posts in this topic

I guess Rach insults don't translate well. :rock:

Apparently not... :huh:

Any chance the Emperor CAV will be in production in time for RCon '06 or am I going to have to proxy a Rhino?

Any chance the Emperor CAV will be in production in time for RCon '06 or am I going to have to proxy a Rhino?

Last I heard about the Emp was it was so honkin' big they were going to have to make the master mold out something other then silver (too exepensive).

Been looking at some possibilities for the grudge match and thinking I'm going to be buying some 70 Dictators and Vanquishers. The '70s for the punch and the Vanquishers appear to be a great multi-role CAV (Shredder for the softies and linked for hard targets, Suppressor, IA, MA, and shielding to mitigate those pesky critical hits) for the points cost. Not only that, but they almost seem custom designed to counter the advantages of a particular race. I'm going to have to proxy a couple and see how they work for me. What do the rest of yall out there think of the Vanquisher?

How big is the actual '70 model compared to the '60?

The Vanquisher seems very very good when I look at the stats, I've never played with or against one though. I'd say bring it if you count on seeing lots of inf and planes.

The Tyrant IMO seems like a good Rach workhorse CAV since it's cheap and can engage any type of enemy effectively. It also has a high DV.

Don't forget that the AA SA helps somewhat against strikes as well. My Tyrants will probably be used to proxy Princes in the big game, but for smaller games the Tyrant will be there as well. Regarding the size difference, not sure, don't have any '70s yet.

The Vanq is deffinitely the best in its class (shredder/AA/suppression type CAV), but it's also very expensive compared to other CAVs that fill this role.

The more I think about it I have to say bring the Vanq. It is the only model in the Rach arsenal to fill a number of important roles effectively, is there really an alternative when it comes to killing soft targets? The downside is ofcourse the whole "all eggs in one basket" thing.

Well, given the point values being suggested I can bring all the eggs I want and the hen house.

You're gonna need it. :B):
Pay no attention to the human behind the curtain.

I'd also bring a lot of Tyrants, simlpy because they're good allround CAVs

Given the point value, I think Princes will be a better choice: pick up the Wizzo and PBG SAs, an extra damage track, higher DV, higher Mov, and higher ECM at the expense of 2 CCV, 1 MA, 1 IA, and AP Gear. There's enough other stuff wandering around the field with the IAs, MAs, and decent CCV values that I'm willing to make the trade for the more expensive and less flexible Prince.