ReaperShaun

The Greater Empire of the Rach

You'll never have enough Dictators.  I don't know how well they work in SO, but in 2 Rach infantry with transports and satchel charges were a force to be reckoned with.  The Kharl is a great air support unit, but seems it hasn't made the transfer to Bones yet, provided it hasn't been removed from the line...I've lost track of what's still in and what's out.

I found the pieces to a plastic Dictator in the scraps bin two Saturdays ago. Does this mean I have a Rach force?

I also have the metal one that has three gun barrels...

Yeah, I can see how Dictators would form the core of any Rach army, especially the way the two variants let you use the same mini for different roles.

Thinking of getting a Ripper or Whisper squad through the current KS. Worth it?

Yeah, totally depends on the ruleset. In CAV 2 they're great fun, though fairly high risk/reward given the cost.

TGP, I'm guessing you're referring to the Emperor. An Emperor alone certainly qualifies as a Rach force. All the better if it has backup!

• Like 1

Greetings, evildoers!

Having been drawn into the game by CAVCon, and on the strength of model aesthetics and their status as the lovable space barbarians every sci-fi setting needs, I've chosen to tie my honor to the Rach. Unfortunately, I know very little, both in terms of lore and effective force-building. What do I need to know and/or keep an eye out for? In terms of taste, I'm a big fan of combined-arms, and one look told me I will never own enough Despots or Kraken. Thus far, I own one Emperor, one Imperator, and two Dictators, which I understand to be a nice core to build an army around.

I would say a few Kahn's would be good for their EST and ECM, while mixing Reaper's and Conquers makes a good fire support section.  You HAD a good fire support section, it was just grouped together too close and got abused!  

I think Fire Support is VERY important in CAV:SO so it's something to keep in mind!

Yeah, totally depends on the ruleset. In CAV 2 they're great fun, though fairly high risk/reward given the cost.

TGP, I'm guessing you're referring to the Emperor. An Emperor alone certainly qualifies as a Rach force. All the better if it has backup!

I don't know the lists for which mechs belonged to which space alliance. I have no idea which variant of Dictator I snagged. I think I do have an Emperor. But,...

The metal one with three barrels is the one that has one barrel on each arm and a third barrel over the top of its "head". All three identical but mounted three places. I was wondering if that one was Rach.

I don't know the lists for which mechs belonged to which space alliance. I have no idea which variant of Dictator I snagged. I think I do have an Emperor. But,...

The metal one with three barrels is the one that has one barrel on each arm and a third barrel over the top of its "head". All three identical but mounted three places. I was wondering if that one was Rach.

Sounds like the Ogre from Adon's Borsig-Spline.

• Like 1

Sounds like the Ogre from Adon's Borsig-Spline.

Only one I can think of that is set up like that.

So who's to say there was not a little back door, or even Black Market, dealing for an Ogre.

So who's to say there was not a little back door, or even Black Market, dealing for an Ogre.
I was in the habit of picking things because they looked cool...so I doubt I have a proper faction.

I wasn't set on joining the Rach necessarily.

• Like 1

that is certainly a core beat stick army. remember the Rach are no nonsense straight up warriors. they don't rely on advanced technology like other races but instEads lean towards extreme ruggedness and survivability. for fire support you have the reaper and conqueror currently plus the Voodoo for close in bodyguard duty. the armor side of things you have the Despot for attack and the warden for anti air duties. I'm probably missing a bunch but basically play then like you would play with a hammer. ;)

-Gunz

• Like 1

I was in the habit of picking things because they looked cool...so I doubt I have a proper faction.

I wasn't set on joining the Rach necessarily.

Definitely an Ogre. It's legal in a Rach army in CAV 2 (in its older non-faction version), or in a mercenary force in C:SO.

So I'm thinking about slowly expanding my tiny group of Rach CAVs out into a force of four squads, probably two Attack, one Fire, and one Recon. Any suggestions?

(As stated earlier, my collection thus far consists solely of one Emperor, two Dictators, and one Imperator. I've got a ways to go.)