ReaperShaun

The Greater Empire of the Rach

The more I look at it, I'm thinking 10,000 points makes for a lot of berserker infantry. Trouble is getting them across the battlefield before the transport gets popped or they become chunky salsa thanks to a 'Hawk V.

Nah, got my woobie. It's in my rucksack. And the nylon doesn't taste good in a stew. I prefer to eat them raw.

Not so much *afraid* of the 'Hawk V, just respect it's Shredder SA when deployed in multiples.

Nah, got my woobie. It's in my rucksack. And the nylon doesn't taste good in a stew. I prefer to eat them raw.

Right on. ::): I never went anywhere without my woobie after I nearly froze to death in August at Hohenfels.

Going waaaaay OT here but, yeah, I hear Hoenfels is good for that but I've never been. Part of the reason I joined was to go to Germany, but DA keeps sending me to Korea. I learned to love the woobie in PLDC at Campbell in early spring.

And to get somewhat back on topic, I got some new stuff last night, haven't fiddled with yet since I had a loooong day yesterday, but the '70 Dictator is an awesome lookin' model, love the looks of the Warden as well. They should kill things well.

You Rach smell like rotten kimchi, your CAV's look like ten year old Daewoo's and your planet reminds me of an open sewer. Have a nice day Rach lovers! :B):

(it was getting to quiet around here. ::D: )

Their planet is too dry for a sewer. More like a litterbox.

Eeeewwwww Rach love!! That's just sick!! I'm gonna barf. :upside:

your CAV's look like ten year old Daewoo's

OK, that's just low. When the 2nd Galaxy war is over and Terra belongs to the Rach, we'll see who's CAVs are left standing.

With Matt's announcement that 3d modelling has begun with the new CAV2 units, which ones are you most interested in? I'm curious about how the Dominator, Vizier, and Barracuda are going to look. What I really want to see are the Prince, Emporer (which hopefully we'll be able to see soon!) and Barbarian (though I'm not too big on the its lack of mobility). I'm really hoping that John Bear Ross is sculpting the Corsair, love his work.

And of course, what are your thoughts on the Moray (one of the 3d sculpts Matt put up for us to ogle)? I'm not completely sold on it yet. It'll probably grow on me when I have it in hand. On the otherhand, a futuristic halftrack is a pretty cool idea. However, since it's the Rach transport/3 APC, I'm sure to pick up a couple (or four) of them.

Dominator is first on my "to buy"list for cav. I proxied two of them for the tourney at RAC. That along with two tyrants won the tourney for me. (tied with spartan and decided the rach and terrans would have a temporary truce until the next tourney). The only thing not great about them is their dv. Keep them in back and let the missles flow like water.

Im not too keen on the emperror. I find it hard to spend that many points on one unit. I will definately pick one up though. Hafta have at least one of everything. Plus im sure it will look great and be fun to paint. Ill get into the transports to cary around the 4k of infantry i have for sure. Need some more planes as well. Waiting for the air support to come out. The Kharl could hit a little harder so I rarely use them.

Ill grab a few Princes. They look excellent on paper.

yup yup

What I don't like about the supers is that yes, they are big and hit hard, but good lord are they slow. They need to have a high DV just to stay in the game beyond the first turn. That is probably why I will rarely actually use the Emperor, lack of mobility (even with two moves, or a move and a R&G only 10" total). But yeah, gotta get 'em all! ::):