#286 Mchandler

Mchandler

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

<_< parks emperor on spartans feet....

looking forward to seeing what reaper has planned for The Rach...

I am really impressed with what Mil-net has done as well...

Printing out the updated Shards right now

:devil: I love having access to a a free laser printer :devil:
Hello My Name is Michael and I am a CAV Addict

Mansfield Bears Terraforming Division: Building a better world so you can destroy it

#287 MattyFoe

MattyFoe

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

The Conqueror '73 was desperately needed. That old overpriced lump of target was not getting it done for firesupport.

The SuperKharl...er, Kharl '74 is sweet, but expensive enough to discourage me from taking too many of them.

The uniques...meh. The concept itself does little for me. Frankly, I would have preferred most of those cards instead going towards upgrades of Open Market designs into serviceable factionals.
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#288 Spartan6

Spartan6

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 5545 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:55 AM

*SHAKES FIST*

Next year!!!!! :angry:
Chris SPQT PSYOPS.... Because physical wounds heal. "...smells like wet dog in here to." Crazy8 Black Lightning KS004

#289 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

The Conqueror '73 was desperately needed. That old overpriced lump of target was not getting it done for firesupport.

The SuperKharl...er, Kharl '74 is sweet, but expensive enough to discourage me from taking too many of them.

The uniques...meh. The concept itself does little for me. Frankly, I would have preferred most of those cards instead going towards upgrades of Open Market designs into serviceable factionals.

The Kharl 74 is worth it. I've been upgrading Kharls to almost the same specs as the '74 for more points.

The Conqueror 73 isnt' that much different really, but it's nice to have the adjustable munitions, though I have a tendency to forget about it.

The one I need to play with more to figure out if it's worth it's points or not is the Vanquisher 74. The first game with it underwhelmed me.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#290 Gunfighter

Gunfighter

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

*sniff*

Still smells like wet dog in here..

Isn't that wet cat?

:rolleyes:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of Chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

#291 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

Don't encourage the hairless ape.

#292 Gunfighter

Gunfighter

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

Don't encourage the hairless ape.

Can't help it. Everyone knows we "hairless apes" can't leave well enough alone. :ph34r:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of Chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

#293 MattyFoe

MattyFoe

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

The Kharl 74 is worth it. I've been upgrading Kharls to almost the same specs as the '74 for more points.

The Conqueror 73 isnt' that much different really, but it's nice to have the adjustable munitions, though I have a tendency to forget about it.

The one I need to play with more to figure out if it's worth it's points or not is the Vanquisher 74. The first game with it underwhelmed me.

Now that the RC08 Beta has come out, I do realise that the Conqueror '73 got a little less of a bump than previously thought. I still take the '73 over OM at every turn, though. A real DV instead of that joke 9 is too much to pass up.

The SuperKharl is still out in my jury. The changes to the basic model leave me wanting more, but I still feel hesitant over the price tag. In the one game I have snuck them in, they were far from all-stars. They ended up making back far more than their points cost, but they were really only nibbling on scraps most of the time.

The Pierce on one DFM and Shredder on the others makes it hard to choose what to do with them. I know the versatility is nice but values of 2 or 3 being wasted feels a hair much to be disregarded. I like the '74, it just has not fully grown on me yet.

The Vanq '74 hauls butt compared to the "new" OM. Just the part where it keeps its 24" range is decisive, nevermind the DVs, or any of the actual upgrades. I have only fielded it in one game and came away dissapointed in how weak the new card have rendered the "Soft Hunter" designs in relation to the average unit. Alot of good factional heavies can hurt soft targets almost, or just, as easily as the Vanqs./Ghost/Sabetooth can (no knowledge of the Sabertooth Ja's performance). I need more playtesting before I really come to any decision.

Still, regardless of any of these cards, I have one upgrade to point out and then I rest my case for Rach awesomeness: Dictator '70: Assault.
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#294 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1849 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:57 AM

The Pierce on one DFM and Shredder on the others makes it hard to choose what to do with them. I know the versatility is nice but values of 2 or 3 being wasted feels a hair much to be disregarded. I like the '74, it just has not fully grown on me yet.

Don't forget, you can target seperate things with them. Or, there is always the salvo option, also - gives another +2 to your piercing attack.

I know I will be investing in a few of these when I get back. I love them, and think they are the best of the 4 for Rach.

Mike

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#295 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

I have one upgrade to point out and then I rest my case for Rach awesomeness: Dictator '70: Assault.

Quoted for truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users