Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mydnight

Becoming the Storm!

10 posts in this topic

Hey all! It was only a matter of time, but that time is now. Life has finally calmed down enough to the point where I can consider joining a demo team again. I was apart of the AEG's Bounty Hunter program for about a year (little more), but I've passed beyond those games. Warlord has been a great joy for me as of late, and has been most of the gaming I've had recently. I'm currently located in Plainfield IL (60544) and I have a few questions before I submit my application.

Please note I have already gone over the whole page for the BL, these are additional questions.

1.) From what I understand, to become a full active member I have to do a total of three events over the course of three months at either a) one gaming store, or b) three different stores.

If this is true are there limits to what stores I can choose or are any stores open?

2.) How much of Reaper's products should I know? Do I have to be able to run multiple choices (Warlord, C.A.V., Dark Heaven, Painting Demos), or is it ok if I just know one?

3.) Is it ok to run games at a store that isn't registered through Reaper? The one I'm wanting to make my home base is Valhalla Games (http://www.valhalla-store.com/) in Champaign IL and they JUST opened like, two or three weeks ago and have yet to pick up any Reaper lines (though I have already begun to push for them to hold Reaper Mini's, and even made an order through them). I have already talked with the owners and they are ok with me doing demos there and have even offered to order some stuff (this is for Warlord and will be Sat Oct 29th if all goes well).

My goal is to help bring Reaper games to Central IL, or at least, the Eastern area of it :)

So feel free to help me with my questions and if anyone is in the area, let me know!

This should hold you until Cher or someone gives you the official scoop. If I make any mistakes I'm sure someone will correct me. You could also email Reaper to make sure this info is correct.

1. Not sure what you mean, but I believe any game store will do. The store I started out at wasn't listed on Reapers old list of stores (the one they had when I started), but they did carry a handful of Reaper minis.

2. While multiple is good, you don't have to know them all.

3. See above, but GET THEM REGISTERED ANYWAY! I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost them anything and they get some benefits for doing so (like lots o' Casket Works). Send them to b2b.reapermini.com.

Good luck!

Define Central Illinois.

We might be able to team up.

Define Central Illinois.

We might be able to team up.

Well, I'm refering more to the Champaign-Urbana area. I'm trying to get school finished up and secure employment in that area, but I'm willing to travel a bit so I could see myself travelling south to Charleston, or west towards Bloomington (I don't really know what's north of Champaign).

As it is I'm in Champaign every other weekend, and with the new gaming store that opened, I thought that now would be the perfect time :)

good. someone else to help bring a better game than 40k to the masses.

i've tried, but that game just has a stranglehold on Springfield and the surrounding area.

Hey all! It was only a matter of time, but that time is now. Life has finally calmed down enough to the point where I can consider joining a demo team again. I was apart of the AEG's Bounty Hunter program for about a year (little more), but I've passed beyond those games. Warlord has been a great joy for me as of late, and has been most of the gaming I've had recently. I'm currently located in Plainfield IL (60544) and I have a few questions before I submit my application.

Please note I have already gone over the whole page for the BL, these are additional questions.

1.) From what I understand, to become a full active member I have to do a total of three events over the course of three months at either a) one gaming store, or b) three different stores.

If this is true are there limits to what stores I can choose or are any stores open?

We prefer that the stores you run your event is sell/carry Reaper Product that you demo. If you demo Warlord, we prefer the store at least sotcks Warlord minis. If you demo painting, we prefer the store stocks one or other line of paints. etc.

You may run your 3 initial events at the same store, 2 stores, or 3 stores so long as they are all 3 run within 90 days.

2.) How much of Reaper's products should I know? Do I have to be able to run multiple choices (Warlord, C.A.V., Dark Heaven, Painting Demos), or is it ok if I just know one?

You can demo any 1, 2, 3, or 4 of our current lines, (Warlord, CAV2, ProPaints, Master Series Paints) as you are comfortable. We have some reps who demo all 4 lines, and some who demo only 1. Most popular right now are MSP and Warlord, although we expect CAV2 to increase in popularity once the book is released.

If you are not comfortable with any system/line, or just have an avid dislike of a system/line, you are free not to demo it, although we ask that you seak kindly of it when you do speak of it. A simple "Well, I don't play fantasy games personally, but I hear good things about Warlord. Let me refer you to the message boards here." will suffice.

3.) Is it ok to run games at a store that isn't registered through Reaper? The one I'm wanting to make my home base is Valhalla Games (http://www.valhalla-store.com/) in Champaign IL and they JUST opened like, two or three weeks ago and have yet to pick up any Reaper lines (though I have already begun to push for them to hold Reaper Mini's, and even made an order through them). I have already talked with the owners and they are ok with me doing demos there and have even offered to order some stuff (this is for Warlord and will be Sat Oct 29th if all goes well).

My goal is to help bring Reaper games to Central IL, or at least, the Eastern area of it :)

Non-Registered stores are perfectly fine - most stores our teams demo at are not registered. Since the store does not carry Reaper yet, you need to subtly encourage them to do so, while asking your demo-ees to special order it from the FLGS if they like what they see. Advise them that if nough of them order it often enough, they store will likely begin to stock it regularly.

It will not benefit the store at all to have you advise them to buy it online, so please don't. remember - Goal #1 for you is to show the demo-ees a good time. Goal #2 is to make the Store happy.

So feel free to help me with my questions and if anyone is in the area, let me know!

We have several members in Green Staus within 150 miles of you, though none within 100.

Ivarr, Spire and Lady Spire, Dracos, and Roland are all in Green Staus currently. Also, when you join we will hook you up with a mentor to help answer your other questions.

I could relay questions to Spire. He's my BL.

Many thanks to ReaperBryan for answering the questions, and I'd like to address some of your concerns.

1.) While the store does not as yet carry a full line of Reaper Products, when I mentioned to them that I would like to demo a reaper game for them they requested some advance notice so they could order and stock some appropriate product (in this case, Warlord) so there would be items available on the day of the demo. I also want to note that they mentioned buying product from their distributor first, without mention from me :)

2.) I have loved Reaper and their products since I discovered them about 4 or 5 years ago. I love the paints, the minis, and the games. While I am unfamiliar with C.A.V. at this moment, if I join BL I will support it fully, even if I do not know much about it.

3.) When I demo for a store, I am participating in a mutually beneficial relationship. By demoing, I get a chance to share a hobby and a passion with others, and I encourage people to purchase from the store when I demo. I also purchase a lot of product through my FLGS as a personal way of supporting them. I have already made mention that Reaper minis (in my experience) make good character minis and are worth looking into. I also placed an order with them for some Reaper Minis that I needed to help get the ball rolling (As it'll be a few more days before I get down there, I imagine that they are sitting out and enticing people to ask :)). My FLGS has shown an interest in carrying Reaper product and I will be non-forceful in my support of this :)

4.) I have actually had the opportunity to meet Dracos (if I remember correctly), and I have communicated (albeit briefly) with Spire. I hope to keep up communications.

I will be submitting my application for the Black Lighting program in the next day or two so keep an eye out for it! :)

It feels good to be getting in to demoing again :)

Sounds good! We look forward to having you on the team, Mydnight!

Sounds good! We look forward to having you on the team, Mydnight!

I'm very excited and very eager to be joining! :) [suckup]I know that it will be a fantastic experience, and I look forward to working with such a great company! [/suckup]