papabees

The Grand Order of the Temple

I've got the Viper Warhawk on the way in the mail. Is the datacard in the Templar section the right one, under Warhawk?

I ask because the sculptor in the store is listed as Ed Pugh, but on the data card it's Van Schaik/Burrell.

Cheers.

The Van Schaik/Burrel was when the model was a variant of the 'hawk V instead of the VI. Ed made the new arm for the Warhawk.

I've got the Viper Warhawk on the way in the mail. Is the datacard in the Templar section the right one, under Warhawk?

I ask because the sculptor in the store is listed as Ed Pugh, but on the data card it's Van Schaik/Burrell.

Cheers.

The Van Schaik/Burrel was when the model was a variant of the 'hawk V instead of the VI. Ed made the new arm for the Warhawk.

To further clarify, the Warhawk was first referenced in the old CAV Journal of Recognition as a variant of the Starhawk V. The original 'Hawk V model was designed by James Burrell and sculpted by Van Schaik, and when the CAV 2 data cards were released there was no Warhawk miniature, so their names were put on the datacard, since it was based on the 'Hawk V chassis.

When Reaper released the model though, they used the Starhawk VI body instead. I'm assuming that was a business decision, either based on VI's selling better or simply having more of the miniatures on hand than they did of the V. Either way tho, the VI mini got used as the Warhawk's basis and we errata'ed the card to reflect the changes it needed for its stats, but obviously forgot to change the sculptor's names. They should be Nowatzki/Pugh, as Blitz designed the Starhawk VI and Ed sculpted the new arm.

We have the first unit to be listed here:

99th. Auxiliary Regiment                                                              Sparks Murphey

10th. Knights Assault Regiment                                                    Savage Coyote

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

10thAssault.png

Thought I'd throw my unit into the mix.  I have two painted and a third on the way.  And will be in need of further forces to make it a reality!  

You have added to the list.

The 10th Knights Assault Regiment made it's way to several theaters of war over the weekend and ended up with a 2-1 record, losing to a well run and built Steel Dragon's force, winning out over a bruising Terran force, and teaming up with the Steel Dragons to defeat a Terran + Mercenary support in an epic 10k game!

13912591_10104178107441087_5913667095823

Edited by Savage Coyote
  • Like 4