papabees

The Grand Order of the Temple

Gentlemen

Don't misunderstand I feel CAV 2 Is as good as the Original. Obsolescnce of the Gladiator was coming but the Duelist seems to have completely diintegrated. The Warlord Needed the speed when first put out. I am not sure why they changed what the modes did. In one case I do understnd The warlords original setup was redundant and worse than the CAV it was replacing. They needed to do something to sell the models. I will proxy them for Adder or Asps wich ever is the only decent front line fast cav The Templars have.

The new Game Changes some things that needed changing Larger Infantry Army Rules . Campaign rules.

I look foreward to combineing them with the old set. The retooled Gladiator I can Understand The Duelist rasies my eybrows as does the Longbow.

Gentlemen

Don't misunderstand I feel CAV 2 Is as good as the Original. Obsolescnce of the Gladiator was coming but the Duelist seems to have completely diintegrated. The Warlord Needed the speed when first put out. I am not sure why they changed what the modes did. In one case I do understnd The warlords original setup was redundant and worse than the CAV it was replacing. They needed to do something to sell the models. I will proxy them for Adder or Asps wich ever is the only decent front line fast cav The Templars have.

The new Game Changes some things that needed changing Larger Infantry Army Rules . Campaign rules.

I look forward to combining them with the old set. The retooled Gladiator I can Understand The Duelist rasies my eybrows as does the Longbow.

Ok, I'll try it one more time minus the color commentary.

The Gladiator II is still far from obsolete. First, it has two MAs in addition to its RAV 3 + shredders. Missle attacks are different from direct attacks because they using them is non-combat action. Which means you can use them twice or once and repair or some other combat action. Also they are used against a target's ECM instead of DV. ECM is gerenally lower then DV. They do not use range bands there for they do not receive range band penalty nor bonuses. This means you can shoot at a target 80" and not suffer -4 to hit (for being beyond two range bands in distance.) But at the same time, the target's return fire would suffer the -4 to hit you back (defensive fire can only be done by DA weapons). Combine MAs with R n' G and you can move to gain LoS, shot yer MAs and move to cover. Shredder SA also makes suppression fire more effect.

The Duelist has ESM SA which serves the same function as the old ECCM pod. With the wrecker SA the Duelist's GCs can punch straight though a target and strike a second (or more) target standing behind the first. Trust me it takes a pretty sophisticated targeting computer to do that. And at the current price tag of 280, it well makes up for its slack of speed. It never was a fast unit especially when compared to Challengers or Starhawks. I will admit though that its DV should have been a 12 to better reflect its CAV1 counterpart's ARM of 3 (the same as the Starhawk V's).

The Warlord has been brought up to sniff with the Dictator and the Assassin.

The Longbow is about standard for scout gunships.

From the sound of it, though yer personal style seems to be at odds with the Templars. The Adoneese or the Terrans seem to be a better fit for yer need for speed.

Gentlemen

I look forward to combining them with the old set. The retooled Gladiator I can Understand The Duelist rasies my eybrows as does the Longbow.

Ok, I'll try it one more time minus the color commentary.

The Gladiator II is still far from obsolete. First, it has two MAs in addition to its RAV 3 + shredders. Missle attacks are different from direct attacks because they using them is non-combat action. Which means you can use them twice or once and repair or some other combat action. Also they are used against a target's ECM instead of DV. ECM is gerenally lower then DV. They do not use range bands there for they do not receive range band penalty nor bonuses. This means you can shoot at a target 80" and not suffer -4 to hit (for being beyond two range bands in distance.) But at the same time, the target's return fire would suffer the -4 to hit you back (defensive fire can only be done by DA weapons). Combine MAs with R n' G and you can move to gain LoS, shot yer MAs and move to cover. Shredder SA also makes suppression fire more effect.

The Duelist has ESM SA which serves the same function as the old ECCM pod. With the wrecker SA the Duelist's GCs can punch straight though a target and strike a second (or more) target standing behind the first. Trust me it takes a pretty sophisticated targeting computer to do that. And at the current price tag of 280, it well makes up for its slack of speed. It never was a fast unit especially when compared to Challengers or Starhawks. I will admit though that its DV should have been a 12 to better reflect its CAV1 counterpart's ARM of 3 (the same as the Starhawk V's).

The Warlord has been brought up to sniff with the Dictator and the Assassin.

The Longbow is about standard for scout gunships.

From the sound of it, though yer personal style seems to be at odds with the Templars. The Adoneese or the Terrans seem to be a better fit for yer need for speed.

Gentlemen

The main complaints I have are that the models I purchased were for specific roles. With regards to the Duelist as a wrecker large cav it is 3rd best out of three There are factions with only super chassis that carry this SA. I am somewhat mollified. Speed should have been 9. Rav Used to be better than the Starhawk V. Considering what was done to the Starhawk VI and Archer it could have been worse.

The Gladiator is after further review ok. Not as good as it was but still ok.

When purchsed the Longbow was a fighter. Now it is a Scout I'll have to live with that.

The Centurion is just a bad design. Too many 10 move cav with same Dv and more Equip. But I love the model. It is CHEAP and needs to be.

Speed is not my issue engagement range is. As such The Paladin/Rhino Suffers mightily. Missles cool range main guns too short.

As for The viper Cav's I am only worring about he ones that actually exsist in metal. The ones I own.

As to the suggestion I go terran well I own some Archers Rav 1 and some Katanas. I would be curious as to how the Katana rated a higher Rav. I guess Archers are walking spare parts to be salvaged, no wonder the terrans seem so well supplied.

I looks to me as if Hughes has had a change in philosophy and is going to niche Cavs and leaving front line cavs to viper.

Respectfully

D.isheartened(no longer D.efeated,a long way from D.elighted) Templar

Gentlemen

The main complaints I have are that the models I purchased were for specific roles. With regards to the Duelist as a wrecker large cav it is 3rd best out of three There are factions with only super chassis that carry this SA. I am somewhat mollified. Speed should have been 9. Rav Used to be better than the Starhawk V. Considering what was done to the Starhawk VI and Archer it could have been worse.

The Gladiator is after further review ok. Not as good as it was but still ok.

When purchsed the Longbow was a fighter. Now it is a Scout I'll have to live with that.

The Centurion is just a bad design. Too many 10 move cav with same Dv and more Equip. But I love the model. It is CHEAP and needs to be.

Speed is not my issue engagement range is. As such The Paladin/Rhino Suffers mightily. Missles cool range main guns too short.

As for The viper Cav's I am only worring about he ones that actually exsist in metal. The ones I own.

As to the suggestion I go terran well I own some Archers Rav 1 and some Katanas. I would be curious as to how the Katana rated a higher Rav. I guess Archers are walking spare parts to be salvaged, no wonder the terrans seem so well supplied.

I looks to me as if Hughes has had a change in philosophy and is going to niche Cavs and leaving front line cavs to viper.

Respectfully

D.isheartened(no longer D.efeated,a long way from D.elighted) Templar

The Archer's RAV is a misprint it should be 2. Remember that's is a RAV of 2 plus the Hunter SA which means it get a +4 vs. hard targets. Always look to see how the SAs interreact with each other.

The Longbow never was much of a hunter/killer craft and it has a lot more flexablity now.

The Centurian is best in a defensive position with its slow Mov (which in either version of the game it always has been a defensive model). With its RAV 4 plus link/2, it can hold its own. I use them as bodyguard for Soveriegns.

The Duelist is at half of the cost of most models with wrecker. Which means we can field two to every one they have.

Also make sure you have downloaded the latest beta data card files (NukeCon edition).

Saint

Thank you for your insight. The more I look the more I begin to understand what they are doing getting closer to Delighted as we speak. Where can I get the Nuke Con download?

D. Templar

It is on reapergames.com. The same page as the Beta download. Look for the Nukecon datacards.

Templars are pretty sweet now. Most all factions have one version or another of the same unit (as far as stats- give or take).

CAV2 is looking to be very balanced across all factions.

Welcome to the ranks D. ::D:

Well it looks like the dams have burst and all the orders I have placed came in so I'll have 3 or 4 Duelists and my Warlord and Gladiators. I should also have enough Sabres to provide AA for just about any platoon combo I do. Our troops are nice and solid with something for just about any situation. Our army SA's are pretty worthless but I prefer to rely on the strength of the basic unit rather than trusting in a SA that may or may not be in effect, or being used in any particular senario. I think playing Reptus gives you that outlook too....hmmmm lizards in CAVs... :devil:

But I don't hear voices......much....well not too often.......Ignore the two Butchers and the Revenant.......they're for target practice ....... really

Got my orders in!!!!

2 Gladiators

6 Sabres

2 Lance Tanks

3 Duellists

1 Sovereign

1 Warlord

1 Knight

so my Templar forces are

2 Gladiators

6 Sabres

2 Lance Tanks

3 Duellists

2 Sovereign

1 Warlord

4 Knight

2 Centurions

1 Spartan

2 Longbows

2 Flails

6 Infantry Bases

Other than the fact that I'm pretty sure I could use another Spartan or two any other suggestions or is this a pretty solid force?

More Lances (every time I say that my mind goes elsewhere)

Lance tanks are an excellent source hard killing goodness. I don't think any other faction has a tank as mean as the Lance.

You'll also want to invest in more Warlords. They are the Templar's frontline superiority CAV. Granted they are a bit expensive but well worth it.

You have the start of an excellent Templar regiment.

OK I thinking of putting together a proxy for a Paladin and wanted others thoughts. Here is what I had planned: Warlord torso and missle packs, Butcher arms and Centurion legs. Thoughts?? I thought it would be cool if when we proxied we all came up with some coordinated effort to do so.

Well got some parts in from the boneyard to try a Paladin conversion. I am trying the Warlord torso and the Centurion's legs and arms. So far it is looking solid with a bulky appearance that you'd expect for a Super CAV. I'll post some pics as soon as I dig out the camera. I have it primed but hard to say how soon it will be before I get a real paint job on it.

Edit: Got the camera out. The pic doesn't do it justice.

b34234212.jpg