• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#151 Saint of Sinners

Saint of Sinners

Godlike

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

I've got the Viper Warhawk on the way in the mail. Is the datacard in the Templar section the right one, under Warhawk?

I ask because the sculptor in the store is listed as Ed Pugh, but on the data card it's Van Schaik/Burrell.

Cheers.

The Van Schaik/Burrel was when the model was a variant of the 'hawk V instead of the VI. Ed made the new arm for the Warhawk.
"Mercenaries are like prostitutes. You don't pay to lay with them... you pay them to leave."

#152 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

I've got the Viper Warhawk on the way in the mail. Is the datacard in the Templar section the right one, under Warhawk?

I ask because the sculptor in the store is listed as Ed Pugh, but on the data card it's Van Schaik/Burrell.

Cheers.

The Van Schaik/Burrel was when the model was a variant of the 'hawk V instead of the VI. Ed made the new arm for the Warhawk.

To further clarify, the Warhawk was first referenced in the old CAV Journal of Recognition as a variant of the Starhawk V. The original 'Hawk V model was designed by James Burrell and sculpted by Van Schaik, and when the CAV 2 data cards were released there was no Warhawk miniature, so their names were put on the datacard, since it was based on the 'Hawk V chassis.

When Reaper released the model though, they used the Starhawk VI body instead. I'm assuming that was a business decision, either based on VI's selling better or simply having more of the miniatures on hand than they did of the V. Either way tho, the VI mini got used as the Warhawk's basis and we errata'ed the card to reflect the changes it needed for its stats, but obviously forgot to change the sculptor's names. They should be Nowatzki/Pugh, as Blitz designed the Starhawk VI and Ed sculpted the new arm.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users