joshuaslater

Darkspawn cavalry?

With some of the other factions getting cavalry, I thought maybe hashing a few ideas for the Darkspawn getting some wouldn't hurt (much).

I was thinking of some abominations for them to ride. Not giant spiders, too Drow/D&D like, but something in the Warlord flavor. A cross between the Spawn, the Devourer and maybe a wolf, or horse. Got any ideas?

I throughout an idea for something similar to a Felhound in Warcraft Lore a long time ago.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Felbeast_sketch.jpg

I also think something like a Howler from DnD would be freaking incredible. This would also go with the look of the isiri grunts(almost starved but still ready to charge) and the long spines would be another source of pain for the twisted elves.

http://correl.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/Howler.jpg

When you mention something of a mix between a Wolf and a Chaos Spawn I think of something similar to the Felhound. Give it a crest on it's head and make the shoulders broader with a bit more exposed skeletal structure and we have a gruesome mount.

@shakhak--thanks for rockin' those pics to illustrate what I'm talkin' about!

@Obi--you got it; I don't want anything like all the other Dark Elf cavalry out there. No dragons, cold ones, whatever! I'm with you about keepin' it Warlord flavor entirely.

Cheers.

Oh yeah, I was thinkin' something like the guardian demon dogs that Heresy produces; again, Warlord flavored.

How about some sort of cavern worm with Burrow? ::D:

@Kengar--cool idea, but I was thinkin' more along the lines of cavalry, and having the Spawn burrowing is enough for the moment.

@Kengar--cool idea, but I was thinkin' more along the lines of cavalry, and having the Spawn burrowing is enough for the moment.

I meant cavern worms as mounts (kinda like Dune on a smaller scale). ::):

Centipedes, cockroach, or other insect type creatures...

those evil beetle things from "the Dark Crystal"

those evil beetle things from "the Dark Crystal"

Oh my god... No.

Those damn things gave me nightmares when I was a little kid. Growing up in New England and always being in the woods, we had an ingrained paranoia about ticks. Those things always reminded me of giant ticks. It was the one part of the movie when I was little that actually gave me the creeps. Even when they tore apart that Skeksis I wasn't fazed, but those bugs. <shudder> BLEECH.

yep, as little kids those things did freak us didnt they?

Oh here is another that I actually think would work kinda cool, from the demon dog thinking.... Those gargoyle dogs that turn demon in the original "ghostbusters". Those were actually pretty cool.

Another idea, is taking from Rackham's Confrontation game, is something like that thing that I think is called the Abomination... Its been a while since I went over there so cant remmeber exact name of it.

I would be thinking a great cavalry mount would be something akin to a mountian goat or subterranian animal turned broken.