joshuaslater

Darkspawn cavalry?

See, if I was a cruel and evil Isiri, I wouldn't waste time training and breeding mounts.

I'd grab a handful of (un)willing minions, and horribly shatter and transfigure their bodies into some twisted and vile perversion of a centaur. Literally fuse two bodies, add a pinch of demon, and mix it together so it would be an utter monstrosity - two arms with full range of motion, two for grasping, clawing, etc.

Or, for flyers, something like Brendel-Fly.

Cavalry doesn't have to be "Mounted Guy." Remember the War Dogs are also Cavalry.

See, if I was a cruel and evil Isiri, I wouldn't waste time training and breeding mounts.

I'd grab a handful of (un)willing minions, and horribly shatter and transfigure their bodies into some twisted and vile perversion of a centaur. Literally fuse two bodies, add a pinch of demon, and mix it together so it would be an utter monstrosity - two arms with full range of motion, two for grasping, clawing, etc.

Or, for flyers, something like Brendel-Fly.

Cavalry doesn't have to be "Mounted Guy." Remember the War Dogs are also Cavalry.

I like the idea of the non-mounted cavalry. Just think of all the hideous thingies that they could make. The Isari background doesn't seem to have a mounted unit in it.

I'd prefer to either have them air mounted on Flying mosters or with winged demons, and reserve the Cavalry for other factions. Not every faction need have Cavalry in my opinion. The Dwarves arn't likely to have any besides Thorgrim (just my opinion), and it wouldn't be shocked if the reptus didn't have Cavalry grunts either.

Howler---good for non-mounted

The Baby Cavern Worm Familiar (looks like the thing from dune with leggs) only bigger for mounted

other options: wierd tisted thingies...soul-tender type upper body, goat or person on all fours lower body...

funny thing is that what they're going to get is actually mentioned here....

isn't that ironic?

Are you trying to usurp the Big Tease title? ... 'cuz you're getting good at it... ::P:

funny thing is that what they're going to get is actually mentioned here....

isn't that ironic?

Wow.... Now that is completely and totally not fair.

I'll take what I can get.

I'm hopin' for something like those big beetles in The Dark Crystal. I too, have been traumatized. Cheers.

hmmmmm if i were an evil isiri slaver/torturer, i would keep a group of fast spiders/something fast to run down and paralyze captives. spiders, or some sort of fast demon or underground creature to catch running captives.

them beatles thngs might be cool, if they were like, evil beetles.

Spiders, I'd like that plenty fine... Big monitor lizard or Gila monsters would be kinda coolish as well... those are the creepy things that seem like they'd be from down belowish... Dire badgers!!!

Badgers, we don't need no stinkin' badgers!!!

Dire Moles!!! That'd be awesome... they're blind have a chance of just going the wrong way!!! ok, not so awesome necessarily, but brainstorming when tired is fun...

Cave crickets!

Dire Bats!!!

Ok, enough silliness...

Spiders, I'd like that plenty fine... Big monitor lizard or Gila monsters would be kinda coolish as well... those are the creepy things that seem like they'd be from down belowish... Dire badgers!!!

Badgers, we don't need no stinkin' badgers!!!

Dire Moles!!! That'd be awesome... they're blind have a chance of just going the wrong way!!! ok, not so awesome necessarily, but brainstorming when tired is fun...

Cave crickets!

Dire Bats!!!

Ok, enough silliness...

Along the lines of bats maybe something like small winged demons? Fast like cavalry models but having the darkspawn taint to it.

I'm for the twisted amalgam of broken bodies making a hideous mockery of a centaur. That's what it's going to be, and I've got 20 pesos that agree with me.

Personally I think bugs are cute.