What are the sculpts that convinced you that you had to buy your army? What models do you think really nailed down your interest, for whatever reason. Ease of painting. Expressiveness. Just plain cool. etc.

I'm sure in this day and age of the bar code that Reaper knows what models are selling, but I thought a simple survey would have me looking at other armies besides the one I'm painting right now. There's no better sales pitch than word of mouth from fellow gamers.

I'll start by saying my Broken Fodder convinced me to play the Darkspawn. Tim Prow's sculpting has come a long way from his earliest endeavors, and these guys rock! Huge stitches, piercings and other mutilations make these really fun to paint, and nail the vibe of my army. For solos I'd have to say my Devourer. Not much if you look soley at the card stats, but what a model. I always dug the Grell from the D&D game--This model captures that alien abomination vibe like no other. What are your favorites?

Aundine pulled me into the Darkspawn. Elegant, brutal, and beautiful. She was exactly what I was looking for in a faction. Then Chaz betrayed me with those awful, horrible, ugly, stupid grunt models.

For Nefsokar it was the Dervishes. Another absolutely beautiful model. And not spoiled by horrific other models; in fact I'm quite liking some of the others (especially the new cavalry).

I picked reptus while they still only had 4 or five models, so that wasn't what drew me in. But now that I'm here, Ra'am is one of the coolest models I have ever seen.

It was the concept of undead pirates for me, THen it was Ra'am with the reptus that made me get that army.

Now Sir Damen is giving me the eye.......

I love big models and the elves have two of the biggest, or at least they did before the Reven brought the Hill Giant. . .anyway. The Giant Eagle and Mossbeard are awesome, (even if I did have to chop off the "beard," so he is Silverbark the Beardless . . .). Other models in the faction that I love Lysette, Caerwyn, and Danithal.

After that I really enjoy the Reptus sculpts, their detail is superb and one can paint them in a manner number of reptile patterns. There was an awesome gilla monster paint job on Khong-to.

Then Chaz betrayed me with those awful, horrible, ugly, stupid grunt models.

But Chaz only sculpted the Paintenders. I thought you didn't like the warriors and archers.

The model that convinced me to choose Darkspawn isn't even released yet. Of course the Witch Queen, Aundine, and Spawn all helped too. And as everyone has said the Reptus, and Ra'am, are awesome.

I became interested in the mercenaries before the blade sisters came out. My favorite sculpts were the war maidens of Ritterlich from the Dark Heaven line. I was a little disappointed when the blade sisters did come out. But have assembled a mostly all female freelance company.

Problem is , every time one of the master painters around here paints up something really cool, my mind changes...

I know this guy is technically from the DHL line of Dwarf figs, but his name was just way too cool to NOT play him:

Brag Ironballs!

Woooooo!! :lol::lol::lol:

And, of course, you can't have Ironballs without a Heavyhand. Gargram Heavyhand, that is. :lol::lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Now I'm lookin' at Werner's sculpts indeed. Great stuff. I think my friend is going for the Elves and Dwarves so I'll be painting some other factions first. Probably the Reptus which are not even out of the box/blisters.

I too, am not crazy about the Isiri archers and grunts. I like Matt Gubsers work that he's done for Reaper and for the Chronopia game, but I'm thinking these grunts are going to be difficult to paint. Once I find the right colors and get one done, I think my army will be ready to march. They're not his best work I will say.

The big models are really cool. My friend has a griffon on the way for his Dwarves, and I'll probably enjoy seeing that; I've decided against Dwarves only because I've painted so many for Chronopia, not because I don't like the sculpts. Warlord has some of the best sculpts out today. Makes for tough decisions.

Gauntfield, Kristianna, and Moandain are some of my favorites.

Then Chaz betrayed me with those awful, horrible, ugly, stupid grunt models.

But Chaz only sculpted the Paintenders. I thought you didn't like the warriors and archers.

The model that convinced me to choose Darkspawn isn't even released yet. Of course the Witch Queen, Aundine, and Spawn all helped too. And as everyone has said the Reptus, and Ra'am, are awesome.

The Queen and Aundine were the ones that got me in. The Spawn was already awful; I ended up using one of the DHL succubi for it.

The Paintenders are good, although the hairstyles irritate me. The warriors, archers, and soultender are awful. As in "I'd rather drill a hole in my head than put that model on the field" piece-of-#### awful.