This particular section of the Reaper message Board is for people to show off their works in the world of miniatures and gain feedback if desired. Here are some things to keep in mind when using the Sculpting Forum.
Remember, this is a family forum and to keep it such, please think about what you post. If your mini/sketch/picture has nudity please do not post the picture, instead provide a link to the picture and plenty of warning to the viewer.
Uploading Images, Some Tips:
1. Stick with gifs and jpegs. Windows IE doesn't like png and Macs don't like bmp.
2. File size is limited to 150k. If you can't get your image down below 150k, ask around. There are a number of people who can probably help out around here.
3. Please keep 'em small (or smallish, anyway)... most folks are using modems to connect and a page full of 30 and 50k images is going to lead to significant load times. Just because you're allowed 150k doesn't mean you have to use all of it all the time.
Some Things to Remember Regarding Uploading:
1. Only use this feature to post images.
2. Don't try to use this to link to your offsite auctions or contests. This behavior will get you banned from the board permanently. No exceptions. (To over-explain, if you're potentially making money or winning prizes from your images, you can afford to get your own webspace.) I ask what I always ask folks: for them to use their judgment. If you can post an image and have others rate it for notoriety and fame, it's probably a good bet it counts as a contest.
Hope you enjoy this feature! Use it well.
Comments & Feedback
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
This cliche doesn't mean, "If you have a negative opinion, keep it to yourself." Instead, it's an imperative toward constructive criticism. In an ideal situation, you offer something nice before you offer something negative, and if you can't think of anything nice you keep the negative to yourself because pure negative criticism isn't constructive. You have to build and stabilize on a good foundation before you can withstand the buffeting.
While we would like to see clear constructive criticism, we understand that people have their own thresholds and modes of expression. With that in mind, we offer the following do's and dont's:
DO offer praise.
DO offer advice and suggestions.
DO ask "how did you do that?"
DO lurk and never post any feedback at all.
DO NOT flame or troll.
Constructive criticism builds community. Negativism destroys community. Please keep that in mind. Nobody needs to use any specific format when posting. However, be mindful if you post a negative comment that it might inflame. If it does, try your best to put out the fires, or take it to PM or e-mail. Remember, comments in email and message boards are easy to misconstrue. Everybody needs to take a few minutes and calm down after reading a potentially inflammatory post before they reply, and above all try to give the person the benefit of the doubt. We're all good people here. Mean people tend to leave this community pretty fast. If you're here, that means you're probably a pretty good egg.
Learn well from one another. We look forward to the many contributions to come!
Sculpting Forum Guidelines and Suggestions
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users