• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• Super Administrators
  • 7342 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

This particular section of the Reaper message Board is for people to show off their works in the world of miniatures and gain feedback if desired. Here are some things to keep in mind when using the Sculpting Forum.

Acceptable Content
Remember, this is a family forum and to keep it such, please think about what you post. If your mini/sketch/picture has nudity please do not post the picture, instead provide a link to the picture and plenty of warning to the viewer.

Uploading Images, Some Tips:
1. Stick with gifs and jpegs. Windows IE doesn't like png and Macs don't like bmp.
2. File size is limited to 150k. If you can't get your image down below 150k, ask around. There are a number of people who can probably help out around here.
3. Please keep 'em small (or smallish, anyway)... most folks are using modems to connect and a page full of 30 and 50k images is going to lead to significant load times. Just because you're allowed 150k doesn't mean you have to use all of it all the time. :;):

Some Things to Remember Regarding Uploading:
1. Only use this feature to post images.
2. Don't try to use this to link to your offsite auctions or contests. This behavior will get you banned from the board permanently. No exceptions. (To over-explain, if you're potentially making money or winning prizes from your images, you can afford to get your own webspace.) I ask what I always ask folks: for them to use their judgment. If you can post an image and have others rate it for notoriety and fame, it's probably a good bet it counts as a contest.

Hope you enjoy this feature! Use it well.

Comments & Feedback

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
-Your Mother

This cliche doesn't mean, "If you have a negative opinion, keep it to yourself." Instead, it's an imperative toward constructive criticism. In an ideal situation, you offer something nice before you offer something negative, and if you can't think of anything nice you keep the negative to yourself because pure negative criticism isn't constructive. You have to build and stabilize on a good foundation before you can withstand the buffeting.

While we would like to see clear constructive criticism, we understand that people have their own thresholds and modes of expression. With that in mind, we offer the following do's and dont's:

DO offer praise.
DO offer advice and suggestions.
DO ask "how did you do that?"
DO lurk and never post any feedback at all.
DO NOT flame or troll.

Constructive criticism builds community. Negativism destroys community. Please keep that in mind. Nobody needs to use any specific format when posting. However, be mindful if you post a negative comment that it might inflame. If it does, try your best to put out the fires, or take it to PM or e-mail. Remember, comments in email and message boards are easy to misconstrue. Everybody needs to take a few minutes and calm down after reading a potentially inflammatory post before they reply, and above all try to give the person the benefit of the doubt. We're all good people here. Mean people tend to leave this community pretty fast. If you're here, that means you're probably a pretty good egg.

Learn well from one another. We look forward to the many contributions to come!

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#2 Bodhi

Bodhi

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:09 AM

I sure hope you'll inform us if we happen to break any rule so we can mend our ways as quick as possible.
Personally I had some doubts before posting my elven junkie. While not a nude it might still be seen as non acceptable content. I figured that since it portrayed the sadness of drugs rather than glorifying it it would be OK. Anyway just hoping that you realize that probably in most cases where people break rules my guess would be that they do it out of mistake.
That which is great is allways greater than something else. That which is small is allways smaller than something else. Therefore: The universe is a grain of rice and the tip of a hair as big as a mountain Lao Tse

#3 Mastertickles

Mastertickles

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:53 PM

Yes Lady Storm please let me know if I do something wrong. I post like a hog here so If I slip just let me know! So I can prevent it ever happing again! BTW I love it here and all the awesome feedback.

#4 Bodhi

Bodhi

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:15 AM

I have a question (and yes it is meant seriously in case you wonder...): Would overextensive use of intestines and other gore be considered nudity ? Or do rules just apply to nudity not to general bad taste?
That which is great is allways greater than something else. That which is small is allways smaller than something else. Therefore: The universe is a grain of rice and the tip of a hair as big as a mountain Lao Tse

#5 MatrissaTheEnchantress

MatrissaTheEnchantress

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Uploading Images, Some Tips:
1. Stick with gifs and jpegs. Windows IE doesn't like png and Macs don't like bmp.

3. Please keep 'em small (or smallish, anyway)... most folks are using modems to connect and a page full of 30 and 50k images is going to lead to significant load times. Just because you're allowed 150k doesn't mean you have to use all of it all the time. :;):

Bold blue highlight added for emphasis

You know, this was written back in the Early Cenozoic Era (a.k.a 2006) and these two items, at least, aren't entirely accurate any more. Maybe Ladystorm could update the original post to reflect the new realities of IE 9/10, ADSL and Cable connections?  ::):

EDIT: After some additional exploration, it seems all the guidelines posts on all the Craft Corner forums that allow photos were created in 2006 or earlier and could all use a similar amount of updating:

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress, 16 August 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Matrissa the Enchantress
"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly.

----

KS1 Bones Painted out of 175 20: 1 @ 100% done; 1 @ 75% done; 1 @ 50% done

----

Sonskyn Whitethistle, elfkin cleric of Veiloaria in Boldly Into Darkness Go (WIKI)

#6 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2519 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

Not to mention OSX, Firefox, and Chrome.

• MatrissaTheEnchantress likes this
Posted Image
Slendertroll is Virgil Ironshaper, blacksmith and devotee of Kaveh, in...
Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down the Murder Hole

Grinnell College '16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users