Sign in to follow this  
drjsallison

I feel kinda stuck...

I put several hours in and I feel like I have gotten stuck. Any sugestions from the opinionated crowd?

I know the light is bad, but I am at a loss when it comes to my color scheme. I can't decide where to go from here.

Raider_in_progress.JPG

It's hard to see the details and colors in that yellow light and shadows. Maybe change the angle of the photo to full side view too. The socks on the horse look good.

Don't know that I have any advice to offer, but I can sympathize with the "stuck" feeling.

ditto...maybe decide what to do with the rider...light or dark robes....maybe if that choice is made the rest will be easy.

Good luck.

I was thinking for mine to use the ivory triad, or maybe the desert sand triad. Either which way, I think I will end up with a off white and golden yellow. Maybe throw some blue and red in as tertiary colors. Course, mine will more than likely stay the color of pewter for quite some time...

I agree with MK. I think a light color on the robes would contrast nicely with the horse and add that to that "desert raider" look.

I think I will try wheeling out the Deserty triad and give it a spin. I'll update in a day or two. Thanks for the input.

If you use the desert triad on the robes, that and the brown of the horse come in as "yellow" on the color wheel. You have a redish purple on the saddle blanket, so for other detals I reccomend a really dark purplish blue.

This should work because yellow and purple are opposite from eachother on the color wheel, and you aren't using true purple to compliment it, but purple tweaked towards the two colors next to it. (split complimentary). Making the Purple-blue really dark will add some value contrast to your mini, so it will work well with the light robes and mid-dark of the horse and your purple red.