Sign in to follow this  
dewen

Master Spearman

I am waiting anxiously to hear what this SA is all about. It better be good. The Overlord's Onyx Phalanx is pretty costly at 31 pts considering the Overlord Warriors are 21 and have nearly the same stats. Merack is not a cheap Sgt at 112 pts either.

Overlords is just cranking out new SA! Butcher and now Master Spearman.

Cool. First I've heard of Master Spearman.

If Master Archer is any indication, one could guess it was a combination of SA's. At the very least, I would guess it gives Reach & Piker. Possibly including First Strike or the unit resolves its Defensive Strikes first.

My $0.02

BTW, I just checked the Overlords data cards at Reaper Games and I must say the new Models look awesome!! The Phalanx and Merack have a great Ancient Roman look and feel (hence Phalanx :;): )

If Master Archer is any indication, one could guess it was a combination of SA's. At the very least, I would guess it gives Reach & Piker.

Thats a good guess! You forgot Trencher, however.

So yes, Master Spearman gives the models Reach, Trencher, and Piker.

but thats just what they can do with their spears...

wait till the book comes out and you see what they can do with their shields... ::):

If Master Archer is any indication, one could guess it was a combination of SA's. At the very least, I would guess it gives Reach & Piker.

Thanks. I was thinking that it would need at least a third SA to make it worth saving space on the data card, but I just couldn't think of what it could be :huh: . I may start picking up Overlords as my alternate army. Those guys are getting cooler and cooler by the minute :devil:

Cool. First I've heard of Master Spearman.

If Master Archer is any indication, one could guess it was a combination of SA's. At the very least, I would guess it gives Reach & Piker. Possibly including First Strike or the unit resolves its Defensive Strikes first.

My $0.02

BTW, I just checked the Overlords data cards at Reaper Games and I must say the new Models look awesome!! The Phalanx and Merack have a great Ancient Roman look and feel (hence Phalanx :;): )

The Phalanx was an invention of the ancient Macedonians - Alexander the Great's father Philippos came up with it, if I recall correctly. Back then, the fledgeling Roman Empire consisted of little more than the seven hills along the Tiber plus some neighbouring city-states in central Italy.

But yeah, they look great :)

wait till the book comes out and you see what they can do with their shields... ::):

(Goes off to find a beachtowel to clear up his drool)

And I thought I loved formation fighting before! Of course, AOE effects will be a problem, but I am sure we can find a way of dealing with that, as well :)

Very cool models. So the Phalanx are the new adept melee unit. I wonder what the new grunt melee unit will be?

A thought about Merack: His stats and point cost are more on par with your typical captain, save that he lacks an elite slot. I wonder why he is a sergeant and not a captain? Just wondering; nothing wrong with breaking the mold. ::):

A thought about Merack: His stats and point cost are more on par with your typical captain, save that he lacks an elite slot. I wonder why he is a sergeant and not a captain? Just wondering; nothing wrong with breaking the mold. ::):
I thought the same. I also thought Overlords is busting out of the gates with a lot of Unq Sgts.

<_< Stupid Phalanx.

It is pretty sweet though. In a "damn, stop giving Pete new ways to kick my butt" sort of way.

Any other faction with 5 Unq Sgts?

Probably not, but I could be persuaded to give one back for a standard clone of Vysa or the Chosen. Not sure which one, mind...

Well, the Mercs have four, just from the Core Book: Sigurd, Grundor, Artemis and Dingo(What a law firm that would be...)t one good Non-unique in the faction book.

Overlords is looking like one of the most fascinating armies in the game. A great mix of every strenght in the game, forcing the player to decide what to use as the core of his forces. A 5000 point army of these guys will be something to write home about.