Emmel Eitch

Preview of the "Lock Shields" Army SA

If you do have them all painted by monday youll have to come to Missoula again and we can give this lock shields vs. elves a try, you know a little playtesting.

If you do have them all painted by monday youll have to come to Missoula again and we can give this lock shields vs. elves a try, you know a little playtesting.

OH how I wish it were that easy. There's just that little matter of the 14 hour drive...::D:

Well I just got my phalanx units, and the jury is still out. I'll admit first that the little roman skirty thing didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. They are still in full armor, so I can live with it. The sculpt we haven't seen on the card is basically the same, except that his shield is lifted overhead like they are turtling. Very cool.

The only disappointment to me is Merack. He's basically the same sculpt as the grunts, but with a few more adornments to his helm and armor, and a different shield/weapon combo. Not bad, I was just hoping for somthing radically different. That said, it does show the unit cohesiveness of the phalanx, so maybe it's not so bad.

Overall I have to say that I'm pleased with them. When I saw the skirting I was very skeptical, but seeing them in real life they're much better. So any bets on whether or not I'll get 22 phalanx units painted by Monday? :wacko:

I just got my phalanx in the mail yesterday, but I've got a base coat and a wash on my Merack and I think he looks flat out awesome.

PS

I just got my phalanx in the mail yesterday, but I've got a base coat and a wash on my Merack and I think he looks flat out awesome.

PS

I just spent two days cleaning and priming all the new solos and leaders and my Chevies. They're gonna stay white for now, I gotta have my phalanx! :B):

Boy has this thread been draged into a dark alley never to be seen again. When was the last time someone posted anything about the Lock Shields Army SA? Shouldn't you people be in the Slave Pits of Crack Law. ::P:

Boy has this thread been draged into a dark alley never to be seen again. When was the last time someone posted anything about the Lock Shields Army SA? Shouldn't you people be in the Slave Pits of Crack Law. ::P:

Oh I don't know, I'm posting about recieving my Phalanx units, which use locked shields. That's on topic!

Kinda. :huh:

OH and a note about assembling your Phalanx models. They're a pain in the butt! Be warned that the arms just don't quite fit right. I wound up pinning half of them until I broke my drill bit off. The rest, well we'll see, but I don't think they are gonna hold up very well. :down:

on a bright note, they look cool assembled, especially the ones with raised shields!

Question: the lock shields when group or based with two others can't be shot at. Soo a gent put three in a pyramid type formation making it where they cant be shot at.. any one in the formation is based with two... was curious if this was legal?

Question: the lock shields when group or based with two others can't be shot at. Soo a gent put three in a pyramid type formation making it where they cant be shot at.. any one in the formation is based with two... was curious if this was legal?

The rules don't say they have to be in a big line, just that they have to be B2B with two others, so that sounds perfectly fine to me.

Or course, it is begging for a fireball/firestorm to hit them.

The rules don't say they have to be in a big line, just that they have to be B2B with two others, so that sounds perfectly fine to me.

Or a well placed cannon shot.

Ahhh the great equalizer. Yes this is legal as I understand your description. It does not have to be a big line.