Burrowing Question

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:48 AM

You can make any sort of terrain rules you want.

Of course, if it's an existing tunnel system, I would expect any model could fit in there and make use of it.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#32 urion

urion

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

You could make that rule in a campaign. If you already control the territory then you could use that rule, as long as the area's soil medium allows it, no sand or very loose dirt. Any burrower, even your opponents, that has a base size equal to or smaller than your largest burrowing unit may use the tunnels for extra movement.

Congratz on the 100th post Shadowhunter.
How dare you speak to us like we work for you. Selling false hope, like some new dope where addicted to.
-Ben Harper, Black Rain

Your too young to know, that your too young to go. There's no freedom to be found lyin' face up in the ground.
-Ben Harper, Gather 'Round the Stone.

If you just come to the booth to play a friendly game on our table, bring your cardboard and coke-tabs.
-Reaper Bryan

#33 Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

Here's another Burrowing sorta question:

Now, I know this is going to sound kinda lame since I'm basing it off of a movie, but I assume pretty much everyone has seen Caddyshack, right? Well, remember all of the tunnels the gopher had in the movie? He could pretty well move in a hurry from one hole to the other. I wonder if there was some way to represent that with a Burrower? You know, they basically have the equivalent of a road or something to move on. Or are they supposed to representing the fact that they are digging the tunnels during game time? If so, then if they pop up and then go back down and essentially go back the way they came, the tunnel would be there and I would think they could move faster. But, that's just me. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

Ok, way too much work :blink:

On the other hand, I use different models to represent when my units are Burrowed. For The Called, I have a 1" base with a mound on it and a hand or weapon sticking up as if from the ground. For the Grave Horror, I use a 2" base with a mound and a grave stone on it. This way there is no confusion as to when they are Burrowed and when they're not.
Gods of War, I call you
My sword is by my side
I seek a life of honor
Free from all false pride
I will crack the whip with a bold, mighty hail
Cover me with death if I should ever fail
Glory, majesty, unity
Hail, hail, hail
--The Warrior's Prayer

Black Lightning MA012

#34 airhead

airhead

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

I like the different base idea.
Black Lightning FL-007 (I get the neat gadgets)
It is not that life is too short, it is that you are dead for so long
my minis
Sarge's Footlocker
Posted Image

#35 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

It's overachievers like Ravenwolf that tarnish us slackers' good names!! :lol: :bday: :wub: ^_^

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

My Indian name is "Runs With Beer".

#36 Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:34 PM

It's overachievers like Ravenwolf that tarnish us slackers' good names!! :lol: :bday: :wub: ^_^

I never said they were painted or anything :devil:. Modeled? Yes. But they're far from finished :;):
Gods of War, I call you
My sword is by my side
I seek a life of honor
Free from all false pride
I will crack the whip with a bold, mighty hail
Cover me with death if I should ever fail
Glory, majesty, unity
Hail, hail, hail
--The Warrior's Prayer

Black Lightning MA012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users