Does that work with the old Soultender being a monster?

We all know you Darkspawnies use too many monsters anyway, so you get a rescuplt bonus!

Or would you rather wait until your faction book comes out?

PS

To be totally honest, I love the idea of the Darkspawn army, but I don't think the monsters really needed the resculpts.

I think Tim Prow's work has come a looong way, and I like his Vysa and the Broken Fodder. I'd like to see another 3 pack of Fodder variants.

I'm a big fan of Matt Gubser, but I don't think the Isiri grunts and archers are all that, and when compared to the Paintenders, there's some weird schism goin' on, like too many cooks in the kitchen. Also, Vysa seems like she's in a different scale compared to the grunts. I don't even field those models, just 'cause I don't like'em.

I'm patiently waiting for Rauthrous to make his appearance, although my Chronopia Soul Flayer is doing an excellent job proxying. I hope by the time the faction book comes out they iron out some of the inconsistencies.

I'm NOT expectin' the Darkspawn to be havin' the same lines as Werner's Elves and Dwarves across the board; the Darkspawn are supposed to have variety, but I hope they rein it in a little bit for any resculpts.

I haven't painted my Soultender yet, but the new sculpt I've seen should just have been given it's own stats--I don't think it captures the flavor of the old model, but it's cool enough to stand on its own.

Thoughts?

I ike how different the new model is. It Brings variety to the army. It always seemed silly to me that every soul tender woul dhave taken is legs off. It's good to see some variet in their disfigurement.

well, I cant comment as to why they decided to take the soul tender new sculpt in such a widely different direction, but I would assume that either there were enough complaints or not enough sales of several of the drkspawn figures, because there is a slew of resculpts about to be released over the next couple of months.

I believe:

soultender

warriors

archers

Vysa

are all getting resculpts.

The warriors have a DV of 10, wearin' nothin' but Jim Morrison inspired leather pants and some wierd piece of armor to go with their shield. I found that a bit silly. They need an edgier look. I'm looking forward to these resculpts, but having some more troops wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure Reaper has thought of all of this already, and with the sales info to guide them. We'll see what comes down the pike.

I will agree on the Vysa being sculpted to a different scale, she is a mammoth on the playing board. And she is also my least favorite darkspawn model.

That said I'm not a big fan of the idea of rescuplting grunts. I've already bought my core Darkspawn army so there is no reason to buy more of what I already have plenty of. This makes me upset because it forces me to miss out on variety that one of my favorite factions is recieving.

Also, I have a feeling they will be phasing out the old scuplts, which I don't like. I would prefer it if the grunt packs stick to the basic three which these are not. Also, If they stop printing the old, although reaper will still honor them in official tournaments, many new gamers won't recognize them;

These models capture the fluff presented in the book and are one of the reasons I've grown to love Chaz Elliots sculpting. They are very original, extremely detailed, and all of them have dynamic poses. All the things that makes a model great, they have.

Someone also mentioned the faction book. I would much rather wait for the faction book and see REAL variety. Variety in sculpt, stat, and fluff. Not a few random figs that probably won't be up to the same quality of the original and will grind against the fluff, but will look slightly different in hopes to attract others to the faction. I kind of see what Reaper is doing as a cop out. And it bothers me alot, but I'm reserving final judgement until I see the new models.

I haven't painted my Soultender yet, but the new sculpt I've seen should just have been given it's own stats--I don't think it captures the flavor of the old model, but it's cool enough to stand on its own.

Thoughts?

I heard about the new sculpt and was bothered for one of the reasons above, I already own two, and don't need another. Then after seeing the model I kind of got over it. The sculpt is nothing like what they describe in the core rule book, it says it is bloated from all of the souls it gathers like a bee; yet this mini is somehow skinny and looks fragile, and it's walking on stilts like a circus puppy. It doesn't capture that half elf half demon and completely evil feel to me.

I haven't seen this thing in person, and maybe pictures don't do it justice, but it has really set my hopes low for the rest of the Darkspawn resculpts.

Mmmf. So far the only Darkspawn minis I've liked have been Aundine, the Witch Queen, Vysa, and Javolith.

Can't stand the rest, still using the proxies from when I played them before the grunts were released.

My mistake, I was checking the Reaper store and it wasn't listed in the Darkspawn faction. I would have to agree that he certainly isn't bloated, but the sculpt itself isn't all that bad. I like it better than the original, just not for the part it's supposed to play.